F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

New Seats.

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 10:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Seats.

I was wondering if anyone has ever installed Corbin (ort any other brand of comfy seat) onto their F4i. Whats the best brand for comfort/Style? on long rides my butt can get really tired or that seat. I have an 01 split seat so i really just want the front seat and my passengers can suffer. haha jk. but where can i find a comfortable seat for my bike?

Thanks!
-Michael

Old 05-05-2009, 11:52 PM

I have Corbin, I like much better, encourages proper posture. I used to get numb butt after 30 miles, did 140 sunday afternoon.

Be aware that the seat is firmer and raises you up slightly.

You only other option is a pad or custom mod of stock. Alot of people take their seat to local upholstery shops for better foam.

Old 05-06-2009, 03:53 AM
July 2008 ROTM

Sssseeeeeaaaarrrccccchhhhhh

Old 05-06-2009, 04:40 AM

I have a Sargent, custom modified for long touring. It's a little wider at the back end of the seat, although no higher.

Works well in combination with slightly raised bars and a Zero Gravity Double Bubble.

--Paul

Old 05-06-2009, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by cman9toes
I have Corbin, I like much better, encourages proper posture. I used to get numb butt after 30 miles, did 140 sunday afternoon.

Be aware that the seat is firmer and raises you up slightly.
+1 I have a corbin as well. It also moves you back a little bit if you have a tendecy to ride up closer to the tank. I ride about 90 miles a day on mine and it is a definite must for long rides. I did order mine from Corbin and they built it to my specific size and even color matched part of it to the 02 pearl yellow that I have. When I get a chance I will get a pic on here. My only complaint is it can be a slight pain when removing and installing it due to the fact of having to pull the seat out of the way while removing/installing the seat screws, especially when it is not broken in.

Old 05-06-2009, 11:50 AM

Amen to install pains. I whiched the bolts to ones with a allen head so I can use a
T-grip allen wrench in one hand and hold the seat with the other. Much easier than a socket.

Berto, you have a split seat?? or Banana?? I was under the assumption that Sargent did not make a split seat??

Old 05-06-2009, 10:24 PM

I just sent my 04 banana seat out to FL where a guy does custom seats. you ship your stock seat down, he strips it and refoams it. Its costing me $90 for the mod + shipping but it is getting the Supracor "LD upgrade". website is www.greatdaytoride.com We'll see what happens when i get it back. might wanna check it out though.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by LoneWolf04
I just sent my 04 banana seat out to FL where a guy does custom seats. you ship your stock seat down, he strips it and refoams it. Its costing me $90 for the mod + shipping but it is getting the Supracor "LD upgrade". website is www.greatdaytoride.com We'll see what happens when i get it back. might wanna check it out though.
They dont do recovering. I emailed the guy to get my rear seat reupholstered to match the bike, and he said he doesnt do that. Sucks! Local shops are freaking spendy.

Old 05-20-2009, 10:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Uniq, check on ebay, there's a guy that will make a custom cover any color combo you want for 20 bucks. Just pull out the staples, remove original cover and install the new one, piece of cake.
Oh and by the way I love my corbin too.

Old 05-20-2009, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Uniqsol
They dont do recovering. I emailed the guy to get my rear seat reupholstered to match the bike, and he said he doesnt do that. Sucks! Local shops are freaking spendy.
Ya I knew he didnt do reupholstering. His website even states that. But the original poster wanted to know about modifying a seat for comfort, that is why I directed him there.

If you are looking to get it reupholstered I would do it yourself. You can get a good skin from Customseatcreations.com. They used to sell on ebay cheaper than what they want now. not sure why they got off ebay. I got one when I had my F3 and it was really nice.

Quick Reply: New Seats.