F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

New Rider URGENT help!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 01:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Rider URGENT help!!

hey whats up all,

Im a new rider i recently been shopping around for a honda cbr 600rr, but i realized i shouldnt start out with that for my first bike. So i chose to look into the f4i models more. I made a few calls and shopped around for a good used bike. I met with this guy the other day he had a 2001 honda cbr f4i 600. It was painted over with silvermetallic paint the honda wing symbol was visibily embedded into the tank on both sides. It had a couple of scuffs and scratches on the frame a missingmirror the screws were rusty where it bolts on at. It has 18,xxx miles on it.It does have extras...

hid hi low beams
full feature alarm with remotestart
trunk pop
strobes
led glow lights
led tail and front signals

I took it for a test drive was a bit nervous since i havent rode for 9 months at the MSF course. I rode it put it in first when i put it in first it felt like something inside the bike had dropped i dont know if this is how its suppose to be when you first put it in first gear but thats what happened. I successfully got it into gear hit about 65mph in second gear on a clear side street no helmet or jacket no gear at all just boots i was taking a risk. He wants 4500 for it i talked him down to 4000 it still seems too much for me i tried to go lower he wouldnt budge.

The next day i believe i found a great deal thats why im asking you people out there who are the experts. 2002 honda cbr 600f4i black and yellow. He has the following upgrades:

Smoked Windscreen has the(stock also)
Tank Bra
Micron High Mount Exhaust (the one thatfades from yellow to black)
Flush mount front directionals
Rear fender eliminator kit with LED blinkers

when i got there he didnt have the tank bra to show me he wasn't covering upany scratches he started it up right in front of me it sounds good starts up fine no problems. Minor scratches here and there no scratches really on the frames at all really its in MINT CONDITION. it looks as if someone layed it down slowly by accident or gravel rocks hit it from the groundit doesnt look like it slid or anything. the only thing im dissapointed in it has no frame sliders but it has bar ends that say CBR on them.It has 3,530 miles on it. He wanted $5,000 i talked him down to $4,700. Thats the lowest he will go should i get this bike is it a good deal can you all help me out in making this decesion?????I want to officially become a rider.

Old 04-12-2008, 01:35 AM
Default RE: New Rider URGENT help!!

ya good choice on not getting the rr it's not much better if any in my personal opnion. and a guy I know got a rr and has layed it over twice now. but you should just go with what you think is a good bike for you. but don't let mileage scare you my dad has 50k on his f4i and it still runs as good as mine. and when your looking for the other stuff on the bike. just make sure he hasn't really messed anything up to bad. just like when your looking at buying a car. hope that helps. and good luck!

Old 04-12-2008, 01:35 AM

i paid $4000 and my f4i had some scratches and 8,000 miles if i were you i would spend the
extra couple hundred and buy the one with low miles

Old 04-12-2008, 02:22 AM

i got my 01 f4i with 22,xxx mile for $3100, clean title, everything working and straight everything. see if you can talk him dow a lot more because it's going to be a 6 or 7 year old bike that is discontinued. the aftermarket parts add some value to it, but it shouldnt be that much.

Old 04-12-2008, 02:47 AM

That's up to you. Seems like an alright deal. I have an 02 F4i as well. You can always buy frame sliders yourself and install them. Not hard.

Old 04-12-2008, 06:08 AM

With that mileage and year it seems a little high. I got an 02 with 8k on it with a few mods in real good shape for $4000

Old 04-12-2008, 07:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Strobes and a iffy paint job - screams poser/stunter to me. Get the second bike of that pair. Otherwise keep looking. That price is more than I paid 2 years ago for a bike with a lot of extras - and I'm in Canada where bike prices tend to be higher.

For me to get close to 5k the bike had better be in damn good shape and what I want. (not counting new bikes of course )

Old 04-12-2008, 08:21 PM

Yeah forget the first one, way too sketchy and over priced.

The second one...eh...seems like an OK deal. Not great, but OK. Seems to be well taken care of and has very low miles. I'd offer him 4500 and walk away if he says no

Old 04-12-2008, 09:18 PM

I'm gonna say stay away from the rattle can F4i. From what I've encountered the bikes with new fairings and different paint are normally cause they laid em down pretty good and tried to cover it up as cheap as possible. When I found the bike that i have now It had some scratches and a piece missing from one of the fairings (01 F4i with 15k) he was asking 3500. I didn't like all the scratches and the chunk of fairing gone so i offered him 3k and he said no he wanted 3500 so I said no thanks and started walking to the truck and gettin my keys out. before i even got the keys out of my pocket he was like "ok ok 3k" if a person wants to sell it bad enough and you offer them what you want to pay then walk away after they say no either they'll do that and take it or you can just go find a bike with a price tag you like.

Old 04-12-2008, 09:30 PM
Banned

Im a new rider i recently been shopping around for a honda cbr 600rr, but i realized i shouldnt start out with that for my first bike. So i chose to look into the f4i models more.
Good choice because the F4i is WAY down on power as compared to the RR. It should be much slower andsafer to ride.

Quick Reply: New Rider URGENT help!!