F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

New Rider

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 02:37 AM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Rider

Hey Im brand new to this forum. I recently purchased an 02 F4i, my first street bike. Yes I have some previous riding skills, however this is the biggest and fastest I've owned to date. Anyways, I bought the bike from an owner who recently laid her down, so she came to me naked. I picked up some fairings from a nearby shop, in ok shape. However, I have no mounting bolts/clips or anything. I figured since the fairings aren't too hot and I wont be painting them that I can just zip tie where im missing the clips. My question is, what size are the bolts that I need to mount the fairings and headlight. Ive done a number of searches online and through the manual and can't find anything. Im sure I could go to the dealership, but I figured Id try you guys first. Thanks, best regards, and I cant wait to get her legal and back on the street.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:50 AM

I'm not sure what all the bolt sizes are but you can get a bolt kit here F4I FAIRING BOLTS : Honda CBR Fairings - CBR 600RR/1000RR Honda Fairings - CBRFairings.com.

Old 02-13-2012, 02:00 PM
October 2011 ROTM

Yeah I wouldn't zip tie the fairings together. I would by a bolt kit. They are not expensive and will do a much better job than zip ties. I bought my kit through Motorcycle and ATV Parts and Accessories | Bikebolts Cincinnati, OH (513) 442-3034. It was a high quality product and it came with excellent instructions on where everything goes.

Old 02-13-2012, 03:06 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

First off, welcome to the forum Ryan. ;-)

Congrats on getting your F4i.

Good recommendations already. For convenience factor sake, you may just want to buy the fairing bolts directly from the shop since you have one nearby.

For further reference, bikebandit, ronayers, & servicehonda, are good sources for parts & there are schematics to view.

Good luck.

Old 02-13-2012, 03:10 PM

bolt kits are the way to go due to the different thread patterns and sizes in lengths in diameters. i myself tried to match a few bolts down at the local ace hardware and found them.. but its cheaper to go the bolt kit alley

Old 02-13-2012, 05:36 PM
Banned

LOL I think like 1/3 of my fairing bolts are zip tied and it works just fine (especially with clear zip ties). I just laid her down on the ride side at the track a few weeks ago and they held up marvelously, also a big rep to the cheap ebay low profile Delrin sliders.

I try to use bolts whenever I can (have tons of spares these days) but I have no shame in using zip ties. I slapped my naked ZR-7s back together after a crash and a lot of it is zip tied and since it's black, you would hardly know.

Aside from ordering a fairing bolt kit, you could always go with DZUS fasteners or the like if you want to get them on and off quickly.

Old 02-14-2012, 02:54 PM
Registered Users

Wow I have no idea how I didnt find those sites for the bolt kits before, thank you. So here is what I have decided to do. I do have a set of fairings but they have obviously sustained some damage in the past. For now Im going to mix and match bolts and zip tie what I can just to get her back on the road. Soon im going to order new fairings and a bolt kit along with them. I have found that black zip ties and the bolts from ace are going to do just fine until I get my new set of fairings. Ill post up some pics of the finished product soon.