F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

New Member Intro and Quick Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 08:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member Intro and Quick Question

Hey Everyone,
I've been reading some of the posts here and have gotten some great information! I wanted to introduce myself, and I've also got a quick question.

A few months ago I bought an 02 F4i. It was completely stock with only 5,000 miles on it. I love it. I replaced the CCTL with the OEM one; works perfect for me now (no rattle). I also put on a brand new set of Pirelli Angels ST tires. They are awesome! Great traction in dry and wet. Plus a Yoshimura exhuast. I've put over 2,000 miles on it in the past couple months!

My question... I've had the bike garage kept where I live now (the bike is in immaculate condition). Unfortunately, I am moving to an apartment complex this weekend where the bike will have to be kept outside in the elements, and no covers are allowed! (Some kind of towing reasons...) Anyways I know the bike can withstand being stored outside, but with the aftermarket exhaust, should I find some sort of cap to enclose the output so that rain cannot get down in there and rust? If so, does anyone know where I could find one?

Thank you all for your input, and nice to meet you all!

Old 08-25-2010, 08:13 AM
October 2011 ROTM

I don't know of any specific caps for the exhaust. They quick and easy fix is to take a plastic bag and rubber band and that should do pretty good. I don't understand the no cover policy. Mine sat at an apartment complex for a year under a cover. If I were you I would talk to the landlord and explain that you have a bike that you would like to put a cover on. The bike will be there everyday, etc so nothing fishy is going on and see if he can waive his tow policy for thing with covers. That just doesn't seem right to me.

Old 08-25-2010, 08:13 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

i would try and find a place at the apartment complex to store it so its not exposed to the elements... like under a stair case or something..

as for their cover rule... ide throw a cover on it until they complain... I say that because their reason is if it has a cover on it and they need to tow it, if ur cover cant be removed they cant tow it...

sounds like bs to me so ide throw one on it until they complain at least... its ur property i dont see how they have the right to tell u that your not allowed to cover it

Old 08-25-2010, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by zmds18
i would try and find a place at the apartment complex to store it so its not exposed to the elements... like under a stair case or something..

as for their cover rule... ide throw a cover on it until they complain... I say that because their reason is if it has a cover on it and they need to tow it, if ur cover cant be removed they cant tow it...

sounds like bs to me so ide throw one on it until they complain at least... its ur property i dont see how they have the right to tell u that your not allowed to cover it
x2, or if its that clean and your on the first floor just store it inside!!!

Old 08-25-2010, 08:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Talk to your landlord and try to reason for a cover. DOWCO weatherall covers are the best. I wouldn't let it sit in the rain for a season let alone snow.

Then get one of these Onguard 5016L chain/lock combos. (the "L" means the "5ft long" version as apposed to the 3ft version as pictured) 14mm hardened links. HEAVYEST chain on the market. Even the tow truck drive wont be able to cut through it. There is not a single story/review online of someone cutting/burning/melting through one.

Last edited by Sick97SS; 08-25-2010 at 08:31 AM.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Sick97SS
Talk to your landlord and try to reason for a cover. DOWCO weatherall covers are the best. I wouldn't let it sit in the rain for a season let alone snow.

Then get one of these Onguard 5016L chain/lock combos. (the "L" means the "5ft long" version as apposed to the 3ft version as pictured) 14mm hardened links. HEAVYEST chain on the market. Even the tow truck drive wont be able to cut through it. There is not a single story/review online of someone cutting/burning/melting through one.

anyone ever tried
Hydrofluoric acid lol

Old 08-25-2010, 09:19 AM

Thanks guys, I am definitely going to look into getting a chain to secure it. There is an overhang with columns right in front of the apartment, so I think I'll park it under there and chain it to the column until someone complains.

One other quick question... Have any of you all ever felt like the handlebars aren't 100% centered? When I am going straight on the highway, it feels as though the handlebars are turned about 3 degrees to the right. The bike rides perfectly fine, it just looks like they are set on there a bit angled. Any way to adjust this or how to make sure they are on there centered. Thanks a lot!

Old 08-25-2010, 09:21 AM

just loosen up the clip ons and move them and re tighten lol

Old 08-25-2010, 01:32 PM

Unlike your custom setup Z, the F4i has a notch on the clip-on that doesn't allow for adjustment. So the clip-ons are strait, maybe your right wrist is full of lead

Old 08-25-2010, 01:39 PM

wow talk about uber depressing

Quick Reply: New Member Intro and Quick Question