F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

New member with a fuel problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 11:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member with a fuel problem

the linked video pretty much sums up my woes

I've checked the lines to the map sensor (free of obstruction)
adjusted throttle to no avail

any advice would be appreciated!

Old 10-14-2013, 07:36 AM

when you say you checked the lines do you mean you checked the little hose that plugs into the bottom of it?
or electrical lines? anyways a common problem is forgetting to plug that tube in

Old 10-14-2013, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by RudyGT
when you say you checked the lines do you mean you checked the little hose that plugs into the bottom of it?
or electrical lines? anyways a common problem is forgetting to plug that tube in
Correct. The lines are connected free of blockage or leaks. It seems as though the warmer the bike is the rougher the idle. As well after maybe 30 minutes of riding, when I attempt to turn the bike back on it will turn over perfect but the moment I release the start it will stall but if I engage the throttle ever so slightly it will stay on. If I release at any point it will stall.

Old 10-14-2013, 10:11 AM

Check all hoses and vaccum lines that hook in to the bottom of the air box, I get the same light when I have the top of the airbox off and the top sensor unhooked. But like I said just check your airbox and assure all hoses are hooked up properly to airbox and to the throttle bodies. Best of luck! Cheers

Edit: does it seem to lose power under hard acceleration? Or does it have sporadic high idle? If so this could be a tps problem, check that as well and make sure your plug is hooked up properly

Last edited by 01cbrf4i90; 10-14-2013 at 10:28 AM. Reason: more info
Old 10-14-2013, 05:37 PM

had this same problem 2 weeks ago. pulled the hose out from the map sensor and the 5 way splitter. shot some wd 40 into the tube and gunk of dirt flew right out the hose. replaced and problem solved. but since you say the hoses are clear than you may want to check other hoses that leads to the map sensor.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:42 PM

Thanks a ton for the speedy responses. When I get a chance to see my baby I'll try those tips out and return with my results!

Old 10-15-2013, 03:56 AM
"A"
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Fuel regulator valve in decent shape?
Which model year is the bike?
Fuel tank clear of rust or residue inside?

Old 10-15-2013, 09:38 PM

its a 2001 cbr600 F4i with approx 45000km. I've never checked the inside of the fuel tank I will certainly do that once I see my baby (left it at the parents house over thanksgiving weekend) I purchased this bike from a friend of mines cousin for next to nothing so I received the bike in this condition and troubleshooting mechanical issues myself (with the help of you guys). He wiped out pretty bad and the wife wont let him ride anymore. I'm currently in the process of doing a cosmetic overhaul with the plastics will certainly share some progress pictures.

Old 10-15-2013, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by 01cbrf4i90
Check all hoses and vaccum lines that hook in to the bottom of the air box, I get the same light when I have the top of the airbox off and the top sensor unhooked. But like I said just check your airbox and assure all hoses are hooked up properly to airbox and to the throttle bodies. Best of luck! Cheers

Edit: does it seem to lose power under hard acceleration? Or does it have sporadic high idle? If so this could be a tps problem, check that as well and make sure your plug is hooked up properly
with regards to hard acceleration I dont notice any power loss. The idle will always act as in the video whether the bike is cold or warm.

Old 10-15-2013, 11:22 PM

To me it still seems like either a vacuum hose or the map sensor the motor itself sounds ok from what I heard but obviously after the bikes started and runs for a second it kicks up a little bit. Do you know how to do the engine codes? If not pull your seat off and there will be a connector near the cpu connections (the only one that shouldn't be hooked up to anything) you'll see it has two openings, take a paper clip or wire and put one end on either side while the bike is off, after this is done turn the key and your f1 light will flash a certain number of times, count them and either refer to a repair manual or just Google it and this should/hopefully point you in the right direction of your problem. Once again cheers and good luck

Quick Reply: New member with a fuel problem