F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

NEW TO ME F4i

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 12:08 PM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW TO ME F4i

Just picked up a very nice 04 with 2400 miles. Bike is completly stock from the original owner. Downside is that it has sat for a few years and has developed some rust in the tank. Last time it was started was last June and it stalled and would not start again. No doubt it sucked up some rust. So I get to tackle the rust, change all fluids and thow some fresh tires on her. Can't wait to get back on the road.

Attached Thumbnails NEW TO ME F4i-cbr.jpg  
Old 01-31-2013, 12:45 PM

Congrats on the new bike, looks sharp - tires appear pretty new too. I honestly don't understand how people can own bikes for any period of time and have some low mileage on them, 2400 miles is ridiculously low for an '04! The last bike I had was an '03 and it had two previous owners, some how within it's eight year life span those two people had a combined total of 4300 miles..which I doubled in six months.

Enjoy the new scoot!

Old 01-31-2013, 02:04 PM

take that tank off, replace the filter, if the fuel pump works, great, then you'll probably need to replace the fuel pressure regulator, spark plugs, oil, etc.
throw in some sea foam and you should be good to go. nice score, but that saying you don't let a good bike sit comes to mind, then again there are other reasons.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:58 PM
Registered Users

I am hoping that the fuel pump and FPR are good but if not I am fine with putting a little money into it. The guy I bought it off is the original owner. He bought it in 2005 and only rode it until 2008. He is military and was deployed then had two children so riding time became non-existant.

The greatest part for me is that I picked her up for $1000. Not even my wife can complain about that deal.

Old 01-31-2013, 05:49 PM

damn you! i hate you for getting a such a great deal!