F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

New look for bike

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 11:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New look for bike

Hey guys some opinions please.

Changing the look of the bike over winter ( first real snow just hit Salt Lake today, so bike off the road), and i know some of you bought the aftermarket fairings through Evil-Bay. How did those work out ???

Also was contemplating just getting it painted straight black and a reflective tribal pattern from tapeworks.com

http://tapeworks.com/GENERIC%20Images/5587.015.jpg

Does anyone have any experience with fitting these graphics or even just dealing with this company.

Thanks All

Old 12-13-2008, 12:56 PM
Default RE: New look for bike

imo tribal is kinda tacky but i do like the reflective tape idea.

Old 12-13-2008, 05:32 PM

Hey I do like the tribal fairings ALOT especially on the RR. It looks sick with the reflective tape. I wonder if you'll have problem with the law. Although I do like the tribal idea, I'm just scared they'll go outta style faster than the "I have barbed wire around my arm" tattoo

Old 12-13-2008, 08:25 PM

^^ HAHA, yeah man tribal is lame.

Old 12-13-2008, 08:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Big Gaz.........tapeworks.com are some amazing people to deal w/. i STRONGLY recommend them! extremely friendly, helpful, and will work w/ you. i have nothing but good things to say about them.

i've purchased black (reflective white at night) wing shadows for my F4i, reflective white rimstripes, and reflective red wing shadows for my g/f's F4i. everything was perfect, product is top notch, shipping was quick!

Old 12-13-2008, 08:58 PM

here's my F4i (flash on camera OFF)

Name:  beachbikepics-5.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  102.8 KB

here's pic of my F4i (camera flash ON)

Name:  reflecting-1.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  95.1 KB

and here's my g/f's F4i (i dont have a pic of them reflecting though, sorry....although they ARE reflective)

Name:  Picture798.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  108.4 KB

i recommend getting a reflective design from them. i've gotten so many 'whoa thats awesome' compliments aswell as 'man i cant miss that at night' comments!

Old 12-13-2008, 10:20 PM

jaynd......

Thanks for taking the time to post the before and after shots, yours looks pretty sweet just the way you have done it.
Tapeworks has a lot of graphics ideas i'm looking at and the tribal was one design i was contemplating as i am going for a totally change to the paint on the bike ( seems to be a hell of a lot of the yellow f4i's out here ).

so far the opinion is split i guess couple dont like it couple dont mind it. Keep it coming.

Old 12-13-2008, 11:20 PM

get what you want, dont worry about our opinions. if you like it then go for it, you'll be riding it not us.

and no problem on the pics, anything to help. if you do infact get something from them, be sure to post up pics, i'd love to see it when its done.

Old 12-14-2008, 01:09 PM

Oh yeah i have the style and color picked out just thought i'd throw it open for comments, see what kind of reaction it gets

Old 12-14-2008, 03:10 PM

yeah man, I didn't have the intentions on ragging on your idea just being honest. Like I said I think the tribal looks great on certain bikes, never seen it on a f4i before.It looks like the reflective tapewould be a greatlook,especially after the pictures jay put up.