F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

A new look....

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 07:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A new look....

Here are two more shots:

The undertail is made of a piece of lexan (polycarbonate) that is cut and bent to create both the undertail and light and mounting tab all in one piece. It's covered with color-matching vinyl and the brake light surface is a product used to repair broken taillights that is available at most stores. It's clear red plastic with the texture of a brake light. With the lights off it appears almost to be smoked, but with the aftermarket LEDs it is still very bright. All I did was cut out the stock "trunk" space, right up to the spot where the cargo net hooks are. Then I cut and bent the lexan to the right shape, drilled some mounting holes, laid on the vinyl and the brake light material, installed the lock and plate LED and mounted it up. I may go ahead and add two more lights, just for the sake of it.

Perhaps after the holiday I'll take detailed photos and create a how-to for it.

Old 12-21-2006, 08:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i like the front end..is that paint or vinyl sticker? as you can see, i tried but mine look more like eyebrows than the new RR 2 toned fronts...but i'm ghetto "play it again sports" like that.

Old 12-21-2006, 09:22 PM

It's vinyl for now... I think I like it enough to go for it and paint it, so someday it'll be painted...after the vinyl fades out and starts to crack, like the old chryslers with the vinyl tops... sure it was faux-leather-vinyl not faux-paint-vinyl, but I liked the mental image I had of the black around the headlights all faded and split...

Old 12-22-2006, 02:21 AM

nice...very nice...i love the undertail(+1 on keeping the cargo net hooks)...very clean

and i deff like the headlights...the bike almost looks remiscent(sp?) of a 1000RR with that look

Old 12-22-2006, 03:17 AM

really nice i like that stuff around head lights keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-22-2006, 10:18 PM

That looks pretty sick man, nice work. One thing I would do is powder coat your rearsets and passenger footpegs black, they kinda stand out to me. Maybe do the linkage too.A CFexhaust would also look good. Maybe you've already got plans for all that stuff, I donno.

Old 12-23-2006, 11:47 AM

yeah Im really digging the front vinyl.At first glance it looks like
more has been donethan just stickers, at first I thought you had done some plastic work.

nice job on the tail too, I just did a similiar thing, but used sheet metal. plastic and vinyl
would have been a hell of alot easier.

Old 12-27-2006, 01:27 PM

Love the front fairing. The undertail is also a nice touch. I like seeing something new that someone came up with on their own. U did a great job with execution & attention to detail from what I see in the pics. NICE![sm=hail.gif]

Old 12-28-2006, 12:10 AM

I think your graphix package makes the bike pop, definately makes it look different. Two thumbs up.

Old 12-28-2006, 04:00 PM

good job, looks great