F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

New guy with a question and/or advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 09:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy with a question and/or advice needed

Hey all, just got a '05 F4i about two weeks ago that is in need of some TLC... While I'm ok working on things and nothing really scares me (I can take ANYTHING apart ) I would like some advice/direction on what to do about a headlight for my bike, please.

I bought the bike for a good deal and the thing is, it has a few issues. One being the headlight was busted, it still worked, but would not be able to get it wet. My question is what is a good, frugal - dollar wise, alternative to the OEM assembly? I've had no luck finding a complete assembly that is worth anything yet (will keep looking) and figured I would ask the experts.

Any help/advice/links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for looking,
Barry

Last edited by barryf1fan; 12-14-2009 at 09:57 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:41 PM
July 2010 ROTM

how much are you thinking? i paid 200 for mine and they look brand new, and it was the entire assembly. i saw one assembly go for 120 shipped in the same condition on ebay, i wasnt quick enough to get them. you can get a really nice set for about 200, but any less than that is hard to do, more than that is easy to do. what exactly is wrong with yours?

Old 12-15-2009, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by vangill
how much are you thinking? i paid 200 for mine and they look brand new, and it was the entire assembly. i saw one assembly go for 120 shipped in the same condition on ebay, i wasnt quick enough to get them. you can get a really nice set for about 200, but any less than that is hard to do, more than that is easy to do. what exactly is wrong with yours?
The front lens is broken, beyond repair. Right now I don't really have the extra cash to spend on it - will be after Christmas before I look seriously for one. Was just wanting some options on what people did for replacements.

I have seen the one's on ebay for like $140 +$45 shipping, but they are located in Hong Kong and didn't know the quality of those lights. I would like to get the Delkivic (sp?) but they are $200+, and that end up what I have to go with.

Thanks for the response, van.

Barry

Old 12-15-2009, 10:47 AM
July 2010 ROTM

i dunno if id get one from hong kong either. it would take you forever to get it. mine had a busted lense and they tried to put a black out to cover it up. the way they did it looked horrible
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...Q5fAccessories
this is the only oem one i could find. the guy selling mine wanted like 280, plus 20 shipping, i offered him 180 and he said 200 shipped. you might could try that. just keep your eyes, more will come up. if i find anymore ill send a link

Old 12-15-2009, 11:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, best bet is to watch eBay. Or an AWESOME dealership. The one I go to will match any online price from a reputable site. I still have to ask them about a few, considering on a side fairing it's like a 300 dollar price difference!

Old 12-15-2009, 01:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you get your new headlight, can I buy your broke one for cheap. I wanna do a mod but don't wanna risk f*ckin mine up and have to try to outbid you on a good one. lol

Old 12-15-2009, 01:41 PM
July 2010 ROTM

how broke are you wanting? i got one ill give you if u pay for shipping im about to trash it so lmk

Old 12-15-2009, 02:22 PM

i dunno if id get one from hong kong either. it would take you forever to get it. mine had a busted lense and they tried to put a black out to cover it up. the way they did it looked horrible
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...Q5fAccessories
this is the only oem one i could find. the guy selling mine wanted like 280, plus 20 shipping, i offered him 180 and he said 200 shipped. you might could try that. just keep your eyes, more will come up. if i find anymore ill send a link
I had seen that one the other day... adn for about $50, I could just order a new one from Honda.
Thanks, I'll keep an eye out on ebay.

Originally Posted by Zero1080
Yeah, best bet is to watch eBay. Or an AWESOME dealership. The one I go to will match any online price from a reputable site. I still have to ask them about a few, considering on a side fairing it's like a 300 dollar price difference!
$300 bucks is a huge difference... especially if it is the same or very comparable part.

Originally Posted by skoobydoobie
When you get your new headlight, can I buy your broke one for cheap. I wanna do a mod but don't wanna risk f*ckin mine up and have to try to outbid you on a good one. lol
When I get the new one, you can have my old one. The front (clear) lens is completely busted up. And I jacked it up a bit more trying to get it apart - not made to come apart.

how broke are you wanting? i got one ill give you if u pay for shipping im about to trash it so lmk
I don't want a broken one, I have that already.

Oh well, I will have to wait til after Christmas and hopefully get some money from Santa.

Old 12-15-2009, 02:32 PM

i was at the auto parts store and stumbled upon an isle of headlights in various shapes and sizes and LED & HID(whatever that is) for 15$-35$. it might be worth looking at.
Does anyone know the difference between an auto light and a bike?
is the auto light gona pull too much juice or anythng??
id really apreciate some knowledgesharing here as i was hoping to build a custom screen around this awesome pair of led strips..
tell me if this is a bad idea electrically speaking.
im just now reading a electricalintrobook learning about ohms and watts and such but i dont fully have a handle on it yet.
cheers-

Old 12-15-2009, 05:34 PM

One place you can watch besides Ebay, is Stuntlife.com. Stunters love the F4i and a lot of them buy them and strip them down as streetfighters and will sell off good parts they don't need anymore.

Or you could look at turning it into a streetfighter yourself by removing the fairngs and throwing an Acerbis headlight on it.

Quick Reply: New guy with a question and/or advice needed