F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

New Fairings and other goodies YAY. PICS.

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 09:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fubbzie
not to many sportbikes rly, actually in my town I only know of 5. my f4i, my friends f4i (who lives 1 min away), a 636, a Daytona, and a Ducati. Everything else is Harlys (lots of those and other choppers)... ya we get a few weird looks.

and its weird where i got my tank painted a town over its a custom sportbike shop and there are dealerships all over but I never see anyone. I believe its because most people up here are the only on a sunny weekend riders. they wont go out in the snow and rain .

Snow...lol...Yeah I suppose you are in the same boat as me...winters suck here...Next time I go up I will send ya a PM...maybe can meet up for a ride or something? How far from Maine are ya? Cheers...Oh and I second the notion of paiting the stator cover...Will look better...

Old 05-01-2010, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by m3ds
I like the wheel stripes, but you shoulda sanded down and repainted the stator cover while the fairings were off! Then nobody would even know it's been laid down.
unless it was the stock green/turd color, painting the stator cover is a dead giveaway that the bike has been down. painted fairings, and repainted engine parts USUALLY mean that the rider was trying to cover something up. it's one of the first things to look for when buying a bike.

Old 05-01-2010, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by andymp3
Snow...lol...Yeah I suppose you are in the same boat as me...winters suck here...Next time I go up I will send ya a PM...maybe can meet up for a ride or something? How far from Maine are ya? Cheers...Oh and I second the notion of paiting the stator cover...Will look better...

Def, and i live in york, its probably 20 min from the nh line. right near portsmouth.

the reason I did not take the time to sand and paint the stator cover was, I recently also got a new baby boy and he takes up most of my time. all the other stuff I did to the bike I could pause and go do stuff with him.

I think I'm going to have it powdercoated next year along with my rims.

Old 05-01-2010, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Junior2552
unless it was the stock green/turd color, painting the stator cover is a dead giveaway that the bike has been down. painted fairings, and repainted engine parts USUALLY mean that the rider was trying to cover something up. it's one of the first things to look for when buying a bike.
For sure, I was just talking about to people who don't know bikes. Not resale, just makin it look better... I painted mine black

Def, and i live in york, its probably 20 min from the nh line. right near portsmouth.

the reason I did not take the time to sand and paint the stator cover was, I recently also got a new baby boy and he takes up most of my time. all the other stuff I did to the bike I could pause and go do stuff with him.

Powdercoating will be sweet, I been wanting to do that to mine too but I'm too cheap

Oh, and I wanted to tell you that your attention to detail is sick. Everything on the bike looks so perfect... even the screws holding the windscreen on the red is a nice touch. I wish I had that much attention on mine, after looking at your bike I feel like I just threw my bike together haha

Old 05-01-2010, 11:10 AM

I tryed pretty hard to get everything looking good. ai least i got my rim tape on straight hah.

ya I have a bit of rust on my kickstand I'm going to paint, and my CF pipe is faded (trying to find a way to shine her up (clearcoat maybe?) then the powder coat.

I also have a CF, triple, cas cap and tank cover coming. to protect some of the shiny bits.

I want some new shorty levers in black with a red click roll but I don't have the cash atm. as you can see my sweet purple dodge in the back need paint also.

Name:  finalbrakessmall.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  55.1 KB
Name:  tirefinalsmall.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  86.9 KB
Name:  smallleft.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  83.9 KB

Old 05-01-2010, 12:02 PM

Cool...Well I totally understand in regards to you're priorities...You're Little boy will only be young once so enjoy it...When you get the time then take care of the bike...If I get a chance this year to go to NH shopping or Bangor I will hit you up...I am leaving for a cruise shortly so hope I keep it on 2 wheels...LOL! Cheers....Andy

Old 05-01-2010, 02:06 PM

Hey how hard was the rim stripe to put on? And did you buy the pre-curved kind?

Old 05-01-2010, 02:41 PM

ya I had purchased tapeworks but its straight and i screwed it up and it looked like chit so i got some from e-bay with a 6 month warranty. It was precurved and applied it super fast. sticks just like the tapeworks does for 1/3 the price and a warranty. I love it. wasn't hard at all. I would put some on and move the bike in the driveway, and put on the rest.