F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

New Edition to my F4i

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 12:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Edition to my F4i

Well, after 3 years I finally decided to get a Power commander. The throttle response with this thing is amazing. I used the map off the PC website for a Hindle slip-on with stock air filter.

Old 08-23-2006, 01:07 AM
Default RE: New Edition to my F4i

sweet

Old 08-23-2006, 02:16 AM

Desribe the change for me if you don't mind. Interested whether the investment is worth the return.

Old 08-23-2006, 04:10 AM

I noticed a huge change in mine. I have absolutely no lags, bucks, flat spots, etc. I am playing around with the accelerator pump program they just released. I rode about 250 miles this weekend and it was great. I just used the map online for stock air filter with Yosh TRS slip on. I paid $275.00 I belive for mine on eBay, brand new.

Old 08-23-2006, 04:21 AM

I have a question about these...Been toying around with the idea of getting one sometime but don't know about the programming part of it. Do you hook up only the power commander to the computer via USB only or do you have to map it while in the bike running while hooked up to a computer?

Old 08-23-2006, 04:27 AM

You download the map in to your computer (I use my laptop since it is easy). Plug it in to the PCIII and turn the key on. Follow the prompts and it loads. The bike is not running.

I have not gottent hat far in to it, and in all honesty I think their instructions suck, but if you really know your stuff about tuning you can do all kinds of stuff while it is running.

As far as bang for the buck when you have done a slip on or anything, it is awesome.

It is very easy to use if you are even slightly mechanicly inclined. Easy to install, etc. But to get in to the real tuning, I guess you would need a dyno to really do it. The maps on the Dynojet website work really well.

Old 08-23-2006, 12:05 PM

Since I have put the PC on as jimd2p said no lags, bucks, flat spots, etc... It makes it nice becuase for a while when I would let off the throttle before going into a turn and start hitting the throttle to pull out of the curve it would hesitate before getting power. It scared me a couple times because I didn't think the bike would pull out of the corner. I bought mine off of Hard Racing Performance LLC for $270 brand new.

Old 08-23-2006, 12:15 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that when you buy the PCIIIusb it comes with a 9v power adaptor. Here is what the 9v power adaptor does (I got this info from Hard Racing Performance): To Change or Alter Maps on your Power Commander, It must be Connected to a Power Source. So, it either has to be connected to your Bike(With the Bike ON) ........ OR........ You simply plug This Adapter and a 9v battery to give it power. This way you can change the settings on the Power Commander at The Convenience of your Desk, instead out in your garage...... with your bike Running. (9 volt Battery required)

I loaded the map at my Desktop computer and installed in on my bike. It took a good 10 minutes.

Old 08-23-2006, 12:20 PM

another thing is. if you notice an area that needs to be adjusted at a certain rpm you can adjust it out and/ edit the program you are using then download it back into your bike for even better running.

Old 08-23-2006, 01:09 PM

snlf4i

What kind of gas mileage are you getting with the PC and the Hindle?

I was running that map with my Hindle mid/Scorpion Can highmount and was getting about 31mpg. I just loaded the Cali/Micron map that looks to be a bit leaner but havent gotten through a tank of gas yet.

Quick Reply: New Edition to my F4i