CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   new chain suppose to have tight and loose spots? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/new-chain-suppose-have-tight-loose-spots-48907/)

axsys 09-05-2007 07:12 PM

new chain suppose to have tight and loose spots?

hey guys. i just put a brand new set of sprockets and a DID 525 x ring chain on. i adjusted it just fine, put about 50 miles on it, and decided to check it again today. i noticed that it already has tight and loose spots on the chain. is this normal for a brand new chain?
________
PERCOCET NOT WORKING ANYMORE

TheX 09-05-2007 07:13 PM

RE: new chain suppose to have tight and losoe spots?

Is it lubed properly?

purpletj 09-05-2007 09:57 PM

were you popping the clutch or running it hard?

axsys 09-05-2007 11:42 PM

yes it was lubed properly, and yes i was running it kinda hard. will it just even out over time?
________
Uggs

Tahoe SC 09-06-2007 02:18 PM

give it some time...and lube it when the chain is warm!!!

axsys 09-06-2007 11:41 PM

thanks tahoe, i figured you would know what to do. i also noticed something weird though. if my master link is at the bottom of the chain between the 2 sprockets, and is tight, if i rotate it around twice to the same spot, its now loose. so maybe its something else, like a sprocket?
________
DOMINICAN REPUBLIC RECIPES

Tahoe SC 09-07-2007 10:37 AM

yoooooo...check your sprockets, i don't think they are the super duper high performance 'wave' sprockets (like the rotors).

sounds like your sprockets aren't round.

check your chain very carefully for very tight spots and also look at the sprockets very carefully.

axsys 09-22-2007 03:55 PM

well tahoe you were right of course. i swapped my rear sprocket out today for the stock one and my problem is gone. you think the sprocket was cut bad from the company? its a drive systems sprocket, and i got it through sprocketcenter.com. i guess ill have to see if they will take it back on monday.
________
LOVE QUOTES ADVICE

Gringo 09-22-2007 07:27 PM

ORIGINAL: axsys

well tahoe you were right of course. i swapped my rear sprocket out today for the stock one and my problem is gone. you think the sprocket was cut bad from the company? its a drive systems sprocket, and i got it through sprocketcenter.com. i guess ill have to see if they will take it back on monday.
It must have been, assuming all of the teeth are in tact.