F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

new bike

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 05:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new bike

just got a new cbr 600 and i'm wanting to put a couple of mods on it. where is the best place to buy them and who would install them?

Old 06-06-2006, 05:28 PM
Default RE: new bike

ebay and you.

Old 06-06-2006, 05:42 PM
Default RE: new bike

Well it certainly depends on what mods you're looking at. Yes eBay has some of the best deals (obviously) but there are plenty of sponsors to this site that would love to help you out. And if you decide to do those mods yourself, the sponsors can provide better customer service and question answering than someone off of eBay. They just want the bucks - more often than not.

And depending on what you plan on doing and your level of skill around a bike will dictate which mods you do on your own. For instance, my bike is in the shop right now getting new brake lines and pads installed. I didn't feel comfortable enough doing that myself considering the price to pay for not being able to stop! On the other hand, a new exhaust, undertail, lights, etc. was a lot easier for me to do.

Just take your time and shop around before you decide to start throwing money around. I know it's difficult but you'll be happier in the end once you find that good deal and great service.