F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

New around these parts- Intro

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 11:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New around these parts- Intro

Hey all-
New around here so figured I'd do a little introduction of myself. Name's Brian and I live out in Denver. Just picked up a '02 F4i with 2700 miles on the clock. So far I love it, though I haven't really riden it other than around the neighborhood. This is my first bike and will be taking a lovely 2 day class to get my license early next week. Can't wait to spend the summer riding and hopefully save a bit on gas

The bike has a few things done to her from the previous owner. Micron exhaust (these any good?), frame slides, flush turn signals, and a fender eliminator. Here she is!
Name:  b4163a27.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  141.2 KB

I'm a pretty tall guy (6'3") and perhaps I need to do a bit more searching, but do I need to set up the suspension at all? Any other things I should look out for? I've read up on the CCTL and fuel pressure reg issues. Those about the only "major" problems?

Not really planning on doing a lot to it. Probably only a hid kit at this point. Who's knows, once I learn more about it im sure the modifying bug will hit me

Hope to see some of ya on the road at some point!
Cheers!

Old 06-08-2012, 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by BmCR
Hey all-
New around here so figured I'd do a little introduction of myself. Name's Brian and I live out in Denver. Just picked up a '02 F4i with 2700 miles on the clock. So far I love it, though I haven't really riden it other than around the neighborhood. This is my first bike and will be taking a lovely 2 day class to get my license early next week. Can't wait to spend the summer riding and hopefully save a bit on gas

The bike has a few things done to her from the previous owner. Micron exhaust (these any good?), frame slides, flush turn signals, and a fender eliminator. Here she is!

I'm a pretty tall guy (6'3") and perhaps I need to do a bit more searching, but do I need to set up the suspension at all? Any other things I should look out for? I've read up on the CCTL and fuel pressure reg issues. Those about the only "major" problems?

Not really planning on doing a lot to it. Probably only a hid kit at this point. Who's knows, once I learn more about it im sure the modifying bug will hit me

Hope to see some of ya on the road at some point!
Cheers!
That bike is SWEET. That is the color combo I want but got a great deal on silver and red. If you sell it let me know, as far as mods check on the suspension, there was a thread an the weight of the rider posted a few days ago. Good luck riding and dont forget, stay out of the DISPENSARIES before riding .

Old 06-08-2012, 11:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that's a clean bike. i also have an 02 f4i, but it's really beat up.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by squidhead
That bike is SWEET. That is the color combo I want but got a great deal on silver and red. If you sell it let me know, as far as mods check on the suspension, there was a thread an the weight of the rider posted a few days ago. Good luck riding and dont forget, stay out of the DISPENSARIES before riding .
Thanks man! I actually was looking for a white bike, preferably an R6, but I got a great deal on this and couldn't pass up, especially with such low miles. I'm thinking by next summer I will sell this one and move up to a 1000. Most of my buddies ride 750-1000's but figured I need to start low to get my skills up. And no need to worry about the dispensaries . I'm an aircraft mechanic so those days are long over

Old 06-08-2012, 11:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice bike, looks like mine the day i bought her.

The orginal owner already took care of all the stuff that is a must IMO on a new factory stock bike.

"next summer ill get a 1000" was my same reasoning when i got mine, and 4 years later i still love the f4i. now i say 1000s are for squids lol.

I always thought a bike would save me gas money too.

Last edited by Sick97SS; 06-08-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:51 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I actually was looking for a white bike, preferably an R6,

Huh ? The 600RR is a better bike anyway
Welcome to the forum.

Old 06-08-2012, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Sick97SS
Nice bike, looks like mine the day i bought her.

The orginal owner already took care of all the stuff that is a must IMO on a new factory stock bike.

"next summer ill get a 1000" was my same reasoning when i got mine, and 4 years later i still love the f4i. now i say 1000s are for squids lol.

I always thought a bike would save me gas money too.
Thanks, appreciate it. We'll see what happens. At this point I just can't wait to ride her on some good long trips even if it nots the most comfy way from A to B.

I did look through the FAQ section and noticed the gas milage isn't at all what I would expect. Guess its mostly on the driver but damn! My 300hp Volvo gets pretty close to the same milage.

Originally Posted by Shadow
I actually was looking for a white bike, preferably an R6,

Huh ? The 600RR is a better bike anyway
Welcome to the forum.
Thanks! As I'm sure you can tell, I know very little about bikes. I'll have to check into the RR's.

Old 06-09-2012, 03:25 AM

Thanks, appreciate it. We'll see what happens. At this point I just can't wait to ride her on some good long trips even if it nots the most comfy way from A to B.

I did look through the FAQ section and noticed the gas milage isn't at all what I would expect. Guess its mostly on the driver but damn! My 300hp Volvo gets pretty close to the same milage.

Thanks! As I'm sure you can tell, I know very little about bikes. I'll have to check into the RR's.
I have a 2002 f4i totally stock for now, and get from 38-41 MPG running super usually from wawa (cheapest gas near me). That is all around riding, cruising, side streets, and mashing the throttle, thats fine by me. Keep me in mind when an if you sell it. Good luck w/the bike.

Old 06-10-2012, 09:26 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

I'm thinking by next summer I will sell this one and move up to a 1000.
So this is your first bike, your intimidated enough to take a riding class instead of just going out and figuring it out for yourself, and you think you'll be ready for a 1000cc bike within a year? Are you absolutely insane or....?
There is no way in hell you'll be able to ride it to its potential within a year. Your friends ride 1000's, what does that have to do with anything? They do that to look cool to everyone else like you, not because thats what they should be riding or because they're any faster around a track vs a 600. /rant.

Beautiful bike. Thats the bike that made me love f4i's so much. If they still made that style/color combo new when I bought my 06 I would have gotten it.

Old 06-11-2012, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by boredandstroked
So this is your first bike, your intimidated enough to take a riding class instead of just going out and figuring it out for yourself, and you think you'll be ready for a 1000cc bike within a year? Are you absolutely insane or....?
There is no way in hell you'll be able to ride it to its potential within a year. Your friends ride 1000's, what does that have to do with anything? They do that to look cool to everyone else like you, not because thats what they should be riding or because they're any faster around a track vs a 600. /rant.

Beautiful bike. Thats the bike that made me love f4i's so much. If they still made that style/color combo new when I bought my 06 I would have gotten it.
Lol chill out man. I'm not "intimidated" by this bike at all. I can ride it with ease. I'm taking the class for mainly 3 reasons. Lower insurance rate, to get my license, and to learn overall how to be a better rider when some moron decides to cut me off or just doesn't know how to look in the lane next to him before moving over. Plus it was included for free when I purchased the bike.

Yea, I may not be able to ride this bike to its full potential in a year but I'm sure it won't take long. This is the first time I have owned a bike, but not the first time riding them. I grew up riding dirt bikes with a good friend of mine that owned 3. I've riden a few different street bikes around town, but that was just to look cool... Did you stick the tampon in too far or...?

Quick Reply: New around these parts- Intro