F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Need stock stickers for right fairing? Or aftermark decals? Where to get these..?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 08:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need stock stickers for right fairing? Or aftermark decals? Where to get these..?

I got cut off by some retard the other week, i went over an island (Here in Australia) And in result dropped it on the right side, Damage is minimal, But im getting the paint on the fairing repaired, Im just clueless where to purchase some stock stickers eg, the Red Wing sticker that covers the whole fairing.. On the right hand side.. That or some aftermarket full fairing decals..

I have spent hours on google, and still nothing, has anyone had a simliar issue? and know where to purchase some?

Old 04-02-2009, 09:01 PM

You can get OEM stickers from places like bikebandit.com. Just go to the OEM parts lookup section for your bike.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:05 PM

Thanks dave for your fast reply, I will look into it now, Keep it coming guys, i may want a different style.. Thanks guys

Old 04-03-2009, 01:08 AM
Old 04-03-2009, 06:47 AM

I bought mine from replicals.com, but haven't received them yet so I can't tell you their quality.

Old 04-04-2009, 08:22 AM

I've bought from BikeBandit and from Tapeworks.

With Bike Bandit, call them and talk to a sales person. You will need the color codes for the bike, which are printed in a sticker down on the subframe somewhere, I think. Without those codes, it's a crap shoot on whether you get the right stickers. And being in Australia, you don't want to fool with send backs. These stickers are surprisingly expensive.

I had to repaint my tank due to a faulty paint repair and ordered what I thought where the right decals. They sent the wrong ones, entirely. No problem getting a credit for these, but it delayed the project.

Tapeworks is great to work with. Quality is good, but the decal was thinner and little less durable than stock. With a coat of clear on it, it's fine.

--Paul

Old 04-05-2009, 09:24 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just got my decals from xtreemedecals.com (it took 10 days to arrive from Malta to PA) and I put them on yesterday using the wet method. I left one of my OEM decals on (the large Honda on the right side lower fairing) and will remove it later, but wanted to see the comparison.

I'll posts some pics when I get time. It is very important to get/choose the right or good colors because I ordered silver based on the website color from xtreemedecals and it looks kind of gray. But since my bike is all black, it doesn't matter too much, but for personal preference it does.

Old 04-12-2009, 12:17 PM

Okay, just as promised, I would post some pictures of the new decals that I purchased from www.xtreemedecals.com. These decals are pretty decent compared to the stock decals. The stock decals are all one pieces, whereas the decals from xtreemedecals are all separate letters (taped together of course for easy installation). The good thing about them being separate letters is that if you need a replacement for whatever reason, xtreemedecals can send you a single letter, rather than having to buy another whole decal. Xtreemedecals are located in Malta. My shipment arrived exactly 10 days after shipping from Malta to Philadelphia, PA. The installation was extremely easy using the wet method.

Here are some pics:

Right side:
Name:  DSCF0882.jpg
Views: 691
Size:  71.8 KB

Right side CBR close up:
Name:  DSCF0884.jpg
Views: 583
Size:  55.5 KB

Right side F4i close up:
Name:  DSCF0885.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  45.1 KB

Right side F4i compared to OEM Honda:
Name:  DSCF0886.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  52.3 KB

Left side:
Name:  DSCF0890.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  71.2 KB

I ordered silver as the color and I think that the OEM decals are metallic silver for my bike. I don't know if I am going to remove the OEM Honda decal from the right side, but I probably will. The OEM and xtreemedecals don't look too far off unless you are up close to them. The other thing is that the OEM CBR decals are shadowed and the xtreemedecals are not.

Hope this helps anyone looking to buy some decals form www.xtreemedecals.com. I would recommend them. The set I purchased was the '20 perfect cut' decals under the F4i section.

I have more pictures of the decals in my album if you want to see them. I only used the CBR's on both sides, F4i's on both sides and the left bottom Honda. The others were already on my bike.

Last edited by supersnake83; 04-12-2009 at 12:21 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by supersnake83
Okay, just as promised, I would post some pictures of the new decals that I purchased from www.xtreemedecals.com.
That lettering style is waaaaaaaaaay off from OEM. Doesn't look stock at all. Looks like cheap Ebay stuff.

Old 04-12-2009, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by markCBR
That lettering style is waaaaaaaaaay off from OEM. Doesn't look stock at all. Looks like cheap Ebay stuff.
Its not meant to look stock, at least that is not what I am trying to do. I am not trying to replace stock OEM decals with aftermarket decals and try to pass them off as OEM decals.

I just wanted replacement decals to put onto my bike. Cheap, yes, but it will do for me. It beats spending the extra money on a set of OEM decals.

Many people look for aftermarket decals for whatever reason and a large reason is for cost savings.