F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Need Some Help--No Spark...

Old 10-08-2009, 11:10 PM
Default Need Some Help--No Spark...

Sup everyone, new here. I just bought a 03 CBR600f4I earlier today that was wrecked pretty good. So its going to be a winter project, but it has no spark, just curious if anyone has had this problem. I work at a motorsport shop and Im going to take the service manual tomarrow, but its killin me, I would like to get it fired up tonight. Ive tried to bypass the tip sensor. Any ideas? It cranks, fuel pump doesnt kick on and it has no spark...thanks!

Old 10-09-2009, 10:47 AM

check the pump itself, maybe it's bad? and check the plugs, old/bad maybe?

Old 10-18-2009, 10:49 PM

No, the bike was running fine until it was wrecked. Then it wouldnt start. Has no fire and fuel pump doesnt kick. Checked the kill switch and relay, seem good. The rest of the tests I need a peak voltage tester so Im just going to bring it up to work and figure it out. Guessing ECM or broke line somewhere cause the tail section was ripped off..

Old 10-20-2009, 09:03 PM

Fuses are a good place to check also. how bad was it wrecked? Show us some pictures.

Old 10-20-2009, 10:40 PM

Ive checked fuses, clutch lever sensor, kickstand sensor, neutral safety switch, ckp sensor, tip sensor, ignition switch, kill switch..almost everything. Something is telling is keeping the fuel pump relay to kick in return no fire as there both hooked into the same system. Wondering if its ECM. Hoping it isnt. I dont know how to post pictures but you can see it at www.myspace.com/joebassamore then click on my pics. It was flipped a couple times, the bike got pretty trashed, sub frame was ripped off also..where the ecm was so, wondering if it just took a really good hit. Going to test it tomarrow..

Old 10-20-2009, 11:17 PM

sub frame was ripped off also...[/quote] The rear sub frame harness should have a one wire connector that gets power to the fuel pump relay. that would also stop power for fuel pump. let me know if you find it . ill send pics of mine if not.

Last edited by ZIP5K; 10-20-2009 at 11:25 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:32 AM

how did you bypass the tip sensor?

Old 10-21-2009, 05:52 AM
Talking

disconnect the plug to the sensor. run a jumper wire and plug the jumper wire into the plug. that's how you by pass it. the same can be done to the side stand switch.

Old 10-21-2009, 12:22 PM

Yeah the one wire connector is a red/white.

I believe it was the green and white/black to jump the tip sensor. Proper way to test it is to tip it 60 degrees either way and you should hear your relay click or not.

Old 10-21-2009, 09:16 PM

i've ran into this problem before, on that bike it was both the gray harness connector for the ecm and the ecm itself

the easiest way to test an ecm is to hook it up to a running f4i and see if it runs
i used my bike as a test mule for the wrecked one

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need Some Help--No Spark...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.