Old 10-07-2013, 10:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help

Bike info
2001 f4i

Hello my name Josh
I have been a member for over 2 years I have 3 cbr bikes an 93 f2
91 f2 with an f3 motor and my f4i
I had the f4i out the other day I was driven and truned on the blinker and the bike died both blinkers were on the dash as well in the rear no head light and no fuel pump
I put it on the kick stand and everthing was fixed I started the bike made it 100 ft truned on the blinker and bike died again messed with some wires by the head light then the bike was good to go. rodr about 50 miles and it did it again so I drove it home

I look on this site and googled it and have not found much

I am about to pull my hair out
anyone please help

Thank you Josh

Last edited by blacken77; 10-07-2013 at 10:17 PM. Reason: nissed word
Old 10-08-2013, 12:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your rubbing wires somewhere...

Old 10-08-2013, 10:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Remove your left faring, and air intake cover. Turn your key on and kill switch to the run position first. Then Check the grey connector with 16 (i think) terminals, as you push and pull the connector like you are going to connect and disconnect it see if it turns the fuel pump on and off or headlights etc.. They melt and or corrode inside and shut off the bike, killing the headlights, fuel pump and sometimes turn signals. If you have a tough time disconnecting this connector don't pull your hair out. It is melted within itself. I had a bike doing similar things and has melted this connector inside itself. The connector was cut apart saving the majority of it and abandoning only the portion with the end two wires using a hacksaw blade and patience. I hope this helps find the problem. I would check there first. The connector to the left of the top engine in the picture P1230127_zpsefe82ddb.jpg Photo by Bryce_Swartzwelder | Photobucket