CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Need an opinion from everybody! (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/need-opinion-everybody-87651/)

Stephens 02-22-2009 10:21 PM

Fuel Pressure Regulator

2001 CBR F4i 02-22-2009 11:58 PM

Oh yeah...I was the one bringing the "FI" light. lol.

It doesn't show up anymore...which is strange...now my speedo is working fine...my bike must have been sitting in a garage for a long time or something...

2001 CBR F4i 02-23-2009 11:06 PM

I'm considering of just rejuvenating my F4i!!

The more I ride it, the more I love it!!

I saw on eBay...most of the fairings cost around $500 or so plus $300 shipping.

Will those fairings fit?

skoobydoobie 02-24-2009 07:20 AM

Yeah, kinda...I've heard nothin but complaints about that "el cheapo Taiwanese" crap from HK. Thinner material, dont fit good, colors are lil off. And fiberglass kits might look a lil better, BUT they crack/ shatter pretty easily, one good size stone kicked up at you, its a wrap. Your best bet is to find good used pieces from the classifieds, or eBay. And fix what you can. They dont even have to match, just do all the prep work to 'em, and take 'em to a local collision shop with a pic of what you want. I'm sure you can get a nice one for 5 or 6 hun., It might not be "magazine" quality, but "you get what you pay for"...life lesson.

2001 CBR F4i 02-24-2009 08:06 PM

Is it important to replace the CCT?

I mean..the bike runs great..the only thing is that rattle.

skoobydoobie 02-24-2009 10:27 PM

Whats important is, how much does it aggervate you? 50 bucks worth? Theres LOTS of posts about complaints, but I've only ever heard of a "failure" causing dammage ONCE. Bottom line, ride it till you find an extra Grant laying around.

2001 CBR F4i 02-25-2009 01:16 AM

LOL.

I spent 70 bucks on it through a dealership...and it just came in.

Now I'm deciding if I want to invest my time into it...especially being near graduation..you can imagine the stress load I am experiencing.

I might just keep it around..until the day I decide to replace it or something.

skoobydoobie 02-25-2009 08:10 AM

Here they're called stealerships, take it back and get your money back, and put that money toward some graduation beer. (College right?)

2001 CBR F4i 02-25-2009 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by skoobydoobie (Post 750555)
Here they're called stealerships, take it back and get your money back, and put that money toward some graduation beer. (College right?)

Yezzir.

So basically...it's not really worth buying the CCT then?

I mean..when I'm riding..the only noise I hear is wind noise.:p

Stephens 02-25-2009 06:46 PM

Its always worth fixing any maintenance on your bike, no matter how big or small. You already bought it? Your not gonna save much if you take it back, you have to order one and pay for shipping, just keep the one you got and spend an hour replacing it.