F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

need lots of reviews and opinions

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 06:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need lots of reviews and opinions

hello right now im looking at a 600 f4i 96 with about 30k on it little cosmetic damage aparently runs ok. I'm mainly wondering how that kind of mileage may affect the bike and im about 5"8 so how my height is to this bike and just any other background info anyone has on reviews for this being my first bike (of couse parent trying to talk me out of it) do you also have any info making a parent comfortable in this choice as my bike as well.
thanks

Old 01-16-2007, 06:14 PM
Default RE: need lots of reviews and opinions

good starter bike. From what I have read the valves, cam, cam chain, and cct, are what you should be checking, good luck.

Old 01-16-2007, 07:30 PM

hey, i just got a 03 f4i as my first bike, im 5'7 and i fit it pretty well. i like it so far as my first bike, it def has enough power for now and people have told me they are more forgiving than a r6. as far as the deal with the parents i cant help ya there i came home one day with my bike and my parents didnt even know until they saw it in the garage, my mom didnt believe me when i told her i bought it, she thought i was borrowing it from a friend

Old 01-17-2007, 03:27 AM

thanks that some good info im trying to convince i mean ill pay insurance (which is cheap cause she has 2 cars) so i dont see the big deal im very about doing this the right way and not just being some dumbass on a bike just got to make others believe as well

Old 01-17-2007, 12:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: chik0
i dont see the big deal im very about doing this the right way and not just being some dumbass on a bike just got to make others believe as well
The big deal is that riding on the street is dangerous, no two ways about it. Your family already know that motorcycles have many more serious accidents per mile than cars. They probably don't know that most motorcycle accidents involve unlicensed, untrained, inexperienced, and/or drunkriders.So show them that you're doing it the right way, like you say. That includes taking the MSF class, getting your motorcycle license, and buying and wearing proper protective gear. That shows that youacknowledge the risks, and are doing what you can to minimize them.

Old 01-17-2007, 01:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what's a 96?

Old 01-17-2007, 02:08 PM

I agree with Tahoe what the hell is a 96 F4i, If the year is correct and that's how they are billin it something ain't right.

Old 01-17-2007, 03:48 PM

ORIGINAL: chik0

i mean ill pay insurance (which is cheap cause she has 2 cars)
Have you gotten a quote on the insurance. If you haven't, don't assume it will be inexpensive. That really depends on the age of the primary driver. I'd check that out. You don't want to buy the bike then find out that the insurance is outrageous.

Old 01-17-2007, 04:39 PM

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC
what's a 96?
+2 with what TSC and Ruf said - that was the first thing that came to my mind.

First find out what bike you're buying - you obviously don't know OR they're not telling you. Secondly, as was said before, take all the safety courses you can and get the best gear you can afford. Without the skills, the gear and a properly maintained machine you might as well kiss your a$$ g-bye.

Old 01-17-2007, 04:58 PM

well yes i have and its shown to be inexexpensive

Quick Reply: need lots of reviews and opinions