F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Need help please!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 04:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help please!

When i purchased my bike it had a custom undertail on it already. The problem is that i cant get the seat to lock down on the bike because the cable that comes out of the locking mechanism wont pull out far enough for me to lock it into place on the metal bracket hanging from the seat frame.

How do i fix this problem so i can lock my things in there and not worry about it anymore!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/21034/259C8D842DDC423494F887BBF20B0F1E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-02-2007, 05:23 PM
Default RE: Need help please!

Hey can you take a picture of how the lower part of the cable is mounted, the one thats attached to the lock? I bought mine used and didnt have a seat or hardware for the latch with it so. If you don/t mind of course

Old 10-02-2007, 07:34 PM

Remove your tail section and find out where the cable in pinched and/or if there is any slack in it somewhere that will allow you to connect it. It should only take a few allen head bolts to remove the tail section. You may have to take off your front seat to get it off. It may be that you have to find a different way to route the cable to the latch so that it does connect. You may want to keep some zip ties around so you can secure the cable in the new position you find.

EDIT:
Looking more at your picture, that cable doesn't even look long enough to do anything. Possibly try unhooking one end and then attaching the other and seeing what you can do. GL.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:05 PM

yea man that sucks. is there any way you can fabricate a section of cable for it? ask the people at your local hardware store they're usually pretty keen on that stort of stuff. try taking a pair of needle nose plyers and pulling on the cable and pushing the lock thing with a screwdriver to see if you can fit them together(use a friend to insert the cable stop into the groove if you can't fanegle it. stuff like that is usually pretty much a pain in the *** to put back together. you could try disconnecting the bracket that holds the cable and seeing if you can get it to b-line towards the seat release and then just zip-tying it to the subframe then after it's put back together.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:11 PM

my buddy has the same problem.

assuming that the cable is OK, and that u don't need a new cable, he had to make his own bracket(home depot) which he ran the cable around.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:59 AM

I spent all last night trying to rig up something to work.I couldnt figure the damn thing out!! Dont know if i need a longer cable or a better way mount this thing????? It seems the few times i got it to lock in place i could just pull up on the seat a little and the cable would just bend up and the seat popped off!!!