F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Need HELP... Just went down

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 11:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need HELP... Just went down

So here is the deal- went down for the first time this afternoon on my way to classs. Dropped going about 15 mph when I hit ALOT of gravel, bike slide a good ways and broke off my frame slider and rashed my right fairing pretty good, but didnt get the tank, forks, or really anything else. When I got back up the bike started with absolutely no problems and she ran fine the rest of the way to class. An hour later when I was coming home she started right up again and ran great. But when I just tried to start her to move her in the garage she wouldnt run. When I turned the ignition to "on" all of the the lights on the dash lit up and stayed on except for the "FI". The FI never came on and when I toggled the kill switch back and forth I never heard the fuel ignition(or the sound that is made when you turn the kill switch off). The weather has been relatively cold here in Texas but not that cold maybe it got down to 40 today. Can anyone tell me why she wont start or what is going on. I can only get her to run when I hold down the started botton but when i let it go it kills itself. Also I just installed a PCIII USB this weekend, dont know if that has anythign to do with it. Also layed the bike down on the right side. Is it just to cold or is it something else? I appreciate any help

Old 12-05-2006, 12:07 AM
Default RE: Need HELP... Just went down

Ok went out and got her started by holding down the starter botton and then reving the engine and letting go of the botton... still aint right though! Any help?

Old 12-05-2006, 12:28 AM

Start off by unpluging your pc. and see what happens. I seen alot of them go bad...

Old 12-05-2006, 02:22 AM

Nope still nothing. Any other ideas? Could it be the starter?

Old 12-05-2006, 02:31 AM

Check for loose connections.

Old 12-05-2006, 02:38 AM

only thing i can think of is check ur fuel lines and stuff maybe something got pinched or something is wrong with the pump after the drop, only thing i can think of cause to me it sounds like a fuel problem

Old 12-05-2006, 02:58 AM

check the big clump of wires that by your left turn signal under the front cowl, if that comes loose, the bike wont start and the fuel pump will not kick on

Old 12-05-2006, 04:02 AM

I'm not trying to steal the thread, but i hear of lots of people frame sliders "breaking off" now that it is colder. Does anyone know if this happens alot. I know plastics become more brittle in cooler temps.

Sucks about the fall.

I believe the clump of wire that Leveltwo is talking about is the one that connects to your headlight and bank angle sensor. He is right that needs to be intact for the bike to start. Also are any fuses blown. Goodluck

Old 12-05-2006, 12:42 PM

ORIGINAL: BigTX

So here is the deal- went down for the first time this afternoon on my way to classs. Dropped going about 15 mph when I hit ALOT of gravel, bike slide a good ways and broke off my frame slider and rashed my right fairing pretty good, but didnt get the tank, forks, or really anything else. When I got back up the bike started with absolutely no problems and she ran fine the rest of the way to class. An hour later when I was coming home she started right up again and ran great. But when I just tried to start her to move her in the garage she wouldnt run. When I turned the ignition to "on" all of the the lights on the dash lit up and stayed on except for the "FI". The FI never came on and when I toggled the kill switch back and forth I never heard the fuel ignition(or the sound that is made when you turn the kill switch off). The weather has been relatively cold here in Texas but not that cold maybe it got down to 40 today. Can anyone tell me why she wont start or what is going on. I can only get her to run when I hold down the started botton but when i let it go it kills itself. Also I just installed a PCIII USB this weekend, dont know if that has anythign to do with it. Also layed the bike down on the right side. Is it just to cold or is it something else? I appreciate any help

what part of tx u from? could go ova and help you out on my day offz =]

Old 12-05-2006, 12:47 PM

I am in Lubbock... today I'm going to dig into her... took most of the fairings off last night so I'll keep yall updated, Thanks for all of the ideas