CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Need help asap (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/need-help-asap-103172/)

Tomonfiya 11-12-2009 03:14 PM

Need help asap

I just recently bought an 01 white/red CBR f4i but i have already stumbled across two major problems! I went in to get my state inspection today but they told me upfront that i will fail because 1. I need a white light shining on my license plate and 2. i need a new front tire. I was planning on just buying a little LED light or something from autozone and drilling a hole on my undertail. but the only problem is, i have completely no idea on how to wire it. I rather not pay 70 dollars for the shop to do it for labor because they told me it is very easy to wire. Would anyone on here know how to connect this LED light with the wires on my bike?? please help a brother out! My second question is, where/how much is the best and most affordable place for me to buy a new front tire. I am a broke college student, especially after this bike so spending the least would be preferably for me!! THANKS IN ADVANCE THIS FORUM IS GREATT!!

jam0837 11-12-2009 03:24 PM

I wired a LED light for my license plate. Under the seat there are wires for the running license plate light on the harness. I forget what colors they are but they are there. Just connect it to those and you should be all set.

Tomonfiya 11-12-2009 03:46 PM

where did you buy the LED light and how much was it? thanks!

Red_Eye 11-12-2009 04:52 PM

Any auto parts store should have those lights for five or ten dollars. If you want something fancier you can get lighted frames as well.

xjoewhitex 11-12-2009 04:57 PM

As said above, there are 3 sets of wires in the rear section of your bike, blinker's and your factory license plate light. Just find the connector that isn't being used and splice the wires on your led into that. Thats what I did, with my lite-bolts.

Zero1080 11-12-2009 06:05 PM

The tire, I'm not sure on the exact size. But you normally replace both at the same time. I'd honestly just go to the dealer and by a cheap pair of shinko's and have em mounted for under 500 bucks. That's what I did. Great tires for the money. (No Pirelli's or Dunlop's of course, but still good)

chetman7 11-12-2009 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Zero1080 (Post 857030)
The tire, I'm not sure on the exact size. But you normally replace both at the same time. I'd honestly just go to the dealer and by a cheap pair of shinko's and have em mounted for under 500 bucks. That's what I did. Great tires for the money. (No Pirelli's or Dunlop's of course, but still good)

I got a set of pirelli pp balanced and mounted for under 500...if you can find that deal..i'd go for it

Tomonfiya 11-12-2009 08:06 PM

i have an aftermarket undertail kit and when i looked inside, it seemed to show all the wires connected to something....

dwschultzy 11-12-2009 09:19 PM

i mean no knock by this...but it sounds like you're just getting into riding...you wont be riding at a level anytime soon where having mixed match tires on the front and rear will be an issue
you dont have to worry about changing both tires at the same time.....its an old wives tail that you have to have the same tire on the front as the rear with normal everyday street riding

if you were talking about getting your times faster on the track.....this would be a different discussion

check around locally for what they call "take offs"...its kinda a tough time of year to find them (depending on where your at) but if you can track down a good set of used take offs.....you can get a screaming deal on a set of tires that will last a long time on the street

as far as the wiring issue goes.....it sound like you've gotten some good advice so far

good luck keeping things on the cheap
you've just gotten into one of the most expensive hobbies you could possibly get into

dwschultzy 11-12-2009 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Tomonfiya (Post 857059)
i have an aftermarket undertail kit and when i looked inside, it seemed to show all the wires connected to something....

pm me your email address....i will send you a pdf file of the manual for your f4i....it will show you what color wires you need to tap into for your license plate lite