F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

My Newly Aquired 2001 Honda CBR 600 F4i (w/ Pictures)

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 01:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Newly Aquired 2001 Honda CBR 600 F4i (w/ Pictures)

I got this a few weeks back with just over 18,000 miles (for $3,500) and I've ridden about 300 miles since I picked it up. It's my first bike ever. It's an absolute blast even though I'm just taking it easy and riding well within my comfort zone. . .which isn't very big. Finally put my own touches on it and took some proper shots of it tonight.

Photographer's Note: These are my first bike shots ever. It's much easier to light a bike (I was using a single Nikon SB-28 firing into an umbrella) but harder to get good angles compared to a car, in my opinion.

2001 Honda CBR 600 F4i
rear fender eliminator kit
white urethane frame sliders
Dynojet Power Commander
Two Brothers high mount exhaust
Zero Gravity dark smoked double bubble windscreen
Hotbodies flush mount front LED turn signals
Hotbodies undertail kit with integrated rear turn signals

Gear I'm currently using:
Shoei RF-1000 Caster helmet (red/black)
Red Joe Rocket Honda CBR mesh jacket and black FirstGear Air HT 2.0 mesh overpants for warmer weather riding
Red Teknic Freestyle textile jacket and black Joe Rocket textile pants for cooler weather riding
Joe Rocket Blaster gloves or two different pairs of Alpinestars gloves depending on the weather, but I like the Joe Rockets the best (all gloves black)
Black Icon Super Duty 3 boots

So far I'm really happy with both my bike purchase and my gear purchase. I'm comfortable from 40 degrees well up into the 80s. Now if I can just get this inoperable rear blinker/brake light problem that came up fixed I can get back to riding safely and putting some more miles on it and getting some more seat time myself. I'm fiending to get back out there.

Old 03-19-2009, 01:49 AM

that is a sick bike, and pretty sweet pics too, enjoy it its a beauty

Old 03-19-2009, 01:54 AM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a sick bike ... and you don't have to do anything to it; it's got all the goodies on it already ~ nice. Welcome. BTW, those are real good photos. Poster quality.

EDIT: Couldn't help but notice you got hairline cracks on the rear fairing on top of the front bolts. Better take care of that before it gets OC (outta control). It happened on mine and it got real ugly real quick. It's called crotch crack.

Last edited by Incognito; 03-19-2009 at 02:07 AM.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:28 AM

Thanks guys. Yeah, the bike already had the PowerCommander and the Two Brothers high mount on it, as well as the undertail kit and integrated blinkers (although they're not working anymore). I had to remove some Dynojet stickers that were ugly as hell, ditch the stock tree trunk front turn signals, ditch the stock windscreen for the dark smoked double bubble, and just clean the bike up overall.

Yeah, taking care of those crotch cracks is definitely a priority. I'll be epoxying them up in the next day or two (going in from the backside to reinforce them so they don't get any worse). The only other things on my to do list are to replace the speed sensor so my speedo works all the time, fix the problematic integrated rear turn signal and brake light problem I'm having, and change out some fluids as well as clean and lube the chain...basic maintenance stuff.

Old 03-19-2009, 08:01 AM

Hey man I am 02galant from TNSpeed. Nice bike.

Old 03-19-2009, 10:05 AM

Really nice photography...great tip with the umbrella im going to have to try that...overall really nice bike, well taken care of.

Question: I just bought a integrated taillight for my bike...going to slap it on hopefully this weekend...what kind of problems are u coming accross? let me know what and how u fixed? thanks

Old 03-19-2009, 10:24 AM

Just checked out some of your work on your site josh...damn nice pics..really proffesional

Old 03-19-2009, 11:43 AM

Hey I know you from Ls1 tech. That's a sweet bike! I bought mine for 3700 with 22,000 miles on it. You'll love it. I wish I could take some pics like that!!!

Old 03-19-2009, 12:29 PM

Thanks guys. I appreciate all the comments and compliments.

JIMMY, I haven't fixed it yet. I installed the front LED turn signals, and shortly thereafter the rear blinkers and rear brake light stopped working. I have a thread on here about the problems I'm having. All connections are soldered and secure. All wiring is correct. It seems like it might be a resistor issue and I need to add resistors into the rear wiring. I'm trying to figure out what resistor(s) I need and crossing my fingers that it works. I'll keep the other thread updated.

Old 03-19-2009, 02:02 PM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NICE pics Josh!
Bike looks awesome!

Quick Reply: My Newly Aquired 2001 Honda CBR 600 F4i (w/ Pictures)