CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   My New F4i (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/my-new-f4i-131225/)

Turbulenz 10-09-2011 06:50 AM

its coming along nicely.. especially for only having it a month!

welcome

T-Rich 10-09-2011 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Turbulenz (Post 1105392)
its coming along nicely.. especially for only having it a month!

welcome

Thanks man ebay has seen alot of my business.

Incompatible 10-09-2011 11:30 AM

I think at this point I will go with additional red LEDs wired into the brakelight circut and/or replacement brakelight bulbs for greater visibility. Does anyone make a replacement LED bulb for our oe brakelights?

T-Rich 10-09-2011 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Incompatible (Post 1105451)
I think at this point I will go with additional red LEDs wired into the brakelight circut and/or replacement brakelight bulbs for greater visibility. Does anyone make a replacement LED bulb for our oe brakelights?

mine has a after market led replacement for the brake light. havnt really opened it up to look at it. it makes a X il take a pic while im out messing with it today. Ill try and figure out what the 1st guy that had my bike did to it.

looked up the oem bulb size and cross refanced it with a LED bulb and this is what i found: http://www.hidonlinestore.com/LED-11...3smd5050-r.htm

T-Rich 10-09-2011 02:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The "X"

sparkman 10-09-2011 08:08 PM

A "go-fast" bike needs "stop-fast" brakes. How about some stainless steel brake lines and a pad and/or disc upgrade? Maybe a rear tire hugger or after market chain guard? Possibly some engine case savers, looks pretty cool and offers cheap insurance in a low side. (I'm referring to the form fitting style that bolt right over the stock clutch and alternator covers, not the mini stunt cage style, which are ok too, just not my style.)
One other thought: most of the bike of the month candidates have at least a few mods done to them. Check some of them out for possible ideas.
Your bike's looking sweet, by the way. Can't wait to see some pics when the tank's been painted to match.

T-Rich 10-09-2011 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by sparkman (Post 1105523)
A "go-fast" bike needs "stop-fast" brakes. How about some stainless steel brake lines and a pad and/or disc upgrade? Maybe a rear tire hugger or after market chain guard? Possibly some engine case savers, looks pretty cool and offers cheap insurance in a low side. (I'm referring to the form fitting style that bolt right over the stock clutch and alternator covers, not the mini stunt cage style, which are ok too, just not my style.)
One other thought: most of the bike of the month candidates have at least a few mods done to them. Check some of them out for possible ideas.
Your bike's looking sweet, by the way. Can't wait to see some pics when the tank's been painted to match.

Input I can use, I was already thinking about doing the disc. I love the wave disc, just looks legit. wasnt really thinking brake line kinda looked at them a little bit, if i can find some nice chrome ones il snag them up. Case savers is what ive been looking for just didnt know the name, perfect wayh to cover the previous owner damage. Stunt bikes look ugly as hell to me personally but to each his own. Yeah Ive been lurking on a few threads for ideas. Its my personal goat to get my bike to be a candidate for bike of the month when its all done. I'm friends with a guy in the guard that's a pretty good photographer, that can take my "finished product" pics for me when the time comes. lol will never be done finding things to make better on my bike.

Thanks so much for throwing me some ideas
T-RICH

considering trying out the air box mod i read about the other day extremely cheap mod. Any body try it yet or want to know what it is say something and I'll try to explain it. My other neighbor, that I don't wake up, races mini
sprints used to run the f4 engine in his race car so he has all kinds of ideas for power. He keeps trying to put alcohol carbs on my bike lol.

as for a update replaced the under tail LED soon as i got it on noticed one of the middle section of LEDs isnt lighting up so gotta take it off and take it back to autozone, but il do that like Weds.

okstatef4i 10-13-2011 07:07 PM

Congrats on the bike i have a hugger/chainguard i'm not using if you think you'd be interested in it, i can't use it on mine since it got lowered. if you think you might be interested ship me a message and i'll send you a pic.

91project 10-13-2011 10:13 PM

anyone that live in oklahoma there a benefit ride this sunday

Poker Run to Benefit:
Larry Simmons, Lonnie Williams & Rob Craig
Sunday, October 16th
Starts at Cha Cha's: 3720 W. Robinson St. Norman, OK
Stops at Twin Peaks: 3109 W. Memorial Rd. Oklahoma City
Registration at 12:00pm Bikes out at 1:00pm
$15/Rider | $20/Passenger | $5/Extra Hand
Cash Prizes for High Hand/Second High Hand/Low Hand
Raffles | 50/50 Drawings
Rain Date: October 23rd

T-Rich 10-14-2011 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by 91project (Post 1106663)
anyone that live in oklahoma there a benefit ride this sunday

Poker Run to Benefit:
Larry Simmons, Lonnie Williams & Rob Craig
Sunday, October 16th
Starts at Cha Cha's: 3720 W. Robinson St. Norman, OK
Stops at Twin Peaks: 3109 W. Memorial Rd. Oklahoma City
Registration at 12:00pm Bikes out at 1:00pm
$15/Rider | $20/Passenger | $5/Extra Hand
Cash Prizes for High Hand/Second High Hand/Low Hand
Raffles | 50/50 Drawings
Rain Date: October 23rd

I would go man but i got drill :/