F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

My new Diablo Strada's (NSF 56K)

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 07:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My new Diablo Strada's (NSF 56K)

Old Tires:

New Front/Rear Installed

Handholding of your installer is needed. - See below.

I'm pretty sure they marred up my wheel a bit, but whatever - the bike now has 18000 miles - I'll chock this one up to lesson learned for my next bike.

I'm LOVING my Diablos, however I am comparing them to my old Dunlop Sportmax Qualifiers that were BALD in the back and had a very odd pattern in the front. - The biggest change is it will smoothly lean from right/left - Handles entirely differently (MUCH BETTER!) - We'll see how many miles I get on them. - Oh $250 delivered for the set - Stealer charged me 120 to install. - Didn't ask any questions as they did the work, then when I picked up I asked if they put in new valvestems (Seems to be standard procedure with tires???) and they said ONLY if I asked them to - so Not done there - they didn't align the tire correctly (Dots are supposed to be at the valvestem) - and he said I had a plastic rattle in my fairings (It's the CCTL - apparently it was a new sound for them, as the sound has been there since the day I bought the bike.) - Next time I'll spend the money on some stands and skip the dealership.

Old 07-30-2008, 07:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My new Diablo Strada's (NSF 56K)

bwak bwak there's GOT to be a curved road in ND...

Old 07-30-2008, 07:38 PM

Good lord - I have about 20 miles on them - Yes, I live on the ONLY curved street in the state =-)

I thought I was doing pretty well - stopped in a parking lot and attempted to "Scrub" them in a bit more. - Thought I leaned them over pretty well there - these definitely are confidence inspiring tires though - I'm leaning a lot more on them then I dared to on the old ones.

I'll try do a better job with these than the previous owner did with those Qualifiers.

Old 07-30-2008, 08:08 PM

looks good man, great looking thread

Old 07-31-2008, 11:56 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

I can't believe the dealer didnt align the tires on the dots that's tire changing 101.

and man 250 for the pair thats a great deal i want a pair for 250 that sale still around?

Old 07-31-2008, 12:54 PM

Dutch auction on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PIREL...spagenameZWDVW

Your 1000RR would need 190's though? - They have those as well - $270 delivered:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pirel...spagenameZWDVW

I'm not sure it's the best deal ever - I could approach that price in various catalogs, but when you add shipping it kept topping it.

I was very pleased with the seller - quick communication - tracking number was sent right away - They arrived exactly when I expected them to (3 business days).

Old 07-31-2008, 01:47 PM

ORIGINAL: dave ls1

bwak bwak there's GOT to be a curved road in ND...
I see what you did there.

Old 07-31-2008, 02:38 PM
July 2008 ROTM

Damn I'm a tire noob apparently, I didn't even know there were marks on the tire to line up with the valve stem.

Gonna have to check mine later today to see how well my local place did

Old 07-31-2008, 03:16 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

not a bad deal at all thank you, i'v been running my tires right now with a plug in the front and the rear

the screw that was in the back of my rear tire was FIVE inches long !! =(... and was a real B*tch to pull out lol

Old 07-31-2008, 03:20 PM

The mark thing is really eating at me - I think I'll be bringing it back in - save the next guy the hassle if they decide to take it to the dealership... - Hopefully they will not be taking any frustration out on my bike in the repair =-(

Oh - the info about balancing iss on page 13-10 of the F4i Manual PDF... - If anyone cares - In italics next to the Wheel balance heading it says "For optimum balance, the tire balance mark (a paint dot on the side wall) must be located next to the valve stem. Remount the tire if necessary" - That's good enough for me.

Quick Reply: My new Diablo Strada's (NSF 56K)