F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

my new custom led taillight

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 07:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: my new custom led taillight

alright sorry guys, i didnt create the brightest led taillight on the planet. like i said, i made a brighter led taillight than you could BUY, i didnt say MAKE. sure, if you go buy a 96 led module and custom install it in your bike, then its gonna be bright as s**t. but you didnt just go to a store or website, buy a new taillight that had leds in it, buy an undertail with the standard 2 round led lights, or just buy some led wedge bulbs, and just switch it out on your bike.

ORIGINAL: TheX

ORIGINAL: axsys

its gonna be far brighter than any other led taillight that you could buy.
So you created the brightest LED tail light on the entire planet???

Bwahahahaha, riiiiiiiiiiiiight
once again, i didnt say that i made the brightest led taillight on the planet, just one brighter than you can buy. the only one ive seen that is pretty bright is the clear alternatives integrated taillight (which costs over $100 compared to the $30 or so i spent). if anyone can show me an led taillight i could buy and swap into my bike thats brighter, then i would be glad to admit that im at fault, but if not then please dont obscure my words.
________
Honda nu50

Last edited by axsys; 05-04-2011 at 10:46 PM.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:44 PM

alright sorry guys, i didnt create the brightest led taillight on the planet. like i said, i made a brighter led taillight than you could BUY, i didnt say MAKE. sure, if you go buy a 96 led module and custom install it in your bike, then its gonna be bright as s**t. but you didnt just go to a store or website, buy a new taillight that had leds in it, buy an undertail with the standard 2 round led lights, or just buy some led wedge bulbs, and just switch it out on your bike.
Wait a second. You "made" a custom taillight (which you admitted isn't even as bright as the factory taillight). But you're arguing that yours is brighter than anything you can buy?! How about I "buy" a factory taillight- that is brighter than what you got.

once again, i didnt say that i made the brightest led taillight on the planet, just one brighter than you can buy. if anyone can show me an led taillight i could buy and swap into my bike thats brighter, then i would be glad to admit that im at fault, but if not then please dont obscure my words.
You custom made a taillight- so why can't you put yourself up against other custom taillights- even though all I did was BUY a replacement light and use factory wiring and factory lens.
You just don't want to admit anything ,lol.

Old 06-03-2007, 04:44 PM

ORIGINAL: areacode312
Wait a second. You "made" a custom taillight (which you admitted isn't even as bright as the factory taillight). But you're arguing that yours is brighter than anything you can buy?! How about I "buy" a factory taillight- that is brighter than what you got.
once again, i said LED tailight. does the factory taillight use leds?

ORIGINAL: areacode312
You custom made a taillight- so why can't you put yourself up against other custom taillights- even though all I did was BUY a replacement light and use factory wiring and factory lens.
You just don't want to admit anything ,lol.
im not comparing mine to custom taillights. you could easily make a custom taillight thats brighter than mine, which you have already done. but you didnt buyyour taillight the way it is now, you bought some led modules and modified them into your stock housing.im just saying that if you were to take your average led taillight that is easily availible and anyone can install, i dont think it would be as bright. like many of the undertails that come with the 2 seperate lights, orthis commonone:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...17964064QQrdZ1

so sorry for using the word "any" when i should have used the word "most".

besides, my goal for the taillight wasnt to create something insanly bright. it was to make something different and unique. havent i at least done that?

________
EXPERT INSURANCE

Last edited by axsys; 05-04-2011 at 10:46 PM.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:58 PM

my goal for the taillight wasnt to create something insanly bright. it was to make something different and unique. havent i at least done that

[/quote]

Yes you have, and you fabricated it yourself to fitwhich you can be proud of.

Old 06-03-2007, 10:46 PM

Wow, cut the guy some slack, good job from my end. The LED tail lights you get from ebay are pretty crappy. The key with LEDs since they are not as bright in the standard sense, is to make the optics so that they capture more light. That is what OEM LED tail lights for cars do, the optics are the key.

Anyways, glad to see someone doing work to their bike that is custom and inginuitive. Looks great to me.

Old 06-03-2007, 11:32 PM

ORIGINAL: Ocelaris

Wow, cut the guy some slack, good job from my end. The LED tail lights you get from ebay are pretty crappy. The key with LEDs since they are not as bright in the standard sense, is to make the optics so that they capture more light. That is what OEM LED tail lights for cars do, the optics are the key.

Anyways, glad to see someone doing work to their bike that is custom and inginuitive. Looks great to me.
Agreed, same argument was used for installing HID kits into headlight housings that weren't designed to output light for HID's.