F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

My New Custom CF Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 04:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My New Custom CF Pipe

I'm down for the long CF with the orginal endcap! I'm in OC and would love to be oneof the first to sport your exhaust!

Old 06-20-2007, 04:08 PM

on the first page someone through oput the concept of a high mount shorty that keeps the pegs. You said you would take a look at it, any foreward movement on that?? it would definately be sick

Old 06-20-2007, 06:45 PM

Ya i requested that. A CF shorty highmount while retainung rear pegs. Any headway on that?

Old 06-21-2007, 12:26 AM

Projected availability is Tuesday. Thats when all components will be here and I can start assembly. I'll have everything ready for short and long CF Pipes.

As for the high mount, I have some rough sketches of the bracket design. Doesn't look like its going to be too tough. I'm going to make a prototype bracket this week. But the only thing is I have the 05-06 model. If I design a bracket for my bike, I dont know if it will work for older models. Anyone know for sure?

Ona side note, check the mini exhaust I just put together. I don't know if this is something anyone would want. I just like the look of the new GSXR pipes and tried to imitate it. Let me know what you guys think.

http://socalpremier.com/NEW/

Tom

Old 06-21-2007, 01:07 AM

What kind of price for the short GSXR style pipe? Interested Thanks

Old 06-21-2007, 01:08 AM

thats awesome!!! I will have my money ready for tuesday, long CF pipe!!! Did you ever say if you could anodize the midpipe and everything black with a CF pipe?

Old 06-21-2007, 01:49 AM

Hey,

It's looking like I'll have to ceramic coat the mid-pipe if customers want black. I'm going to find a vendor for that tomorrow and see if its going to be a siginificant cost increase. Probably won't but I'll keep everyone posted. I'll definately have the tips available in black anno.

Tom

Old 06-21-2007, 01:51 AM

The price on the Mini GSXR Style will be the same, $199.95. I'll be putting one together this week and hope to have a sound clip soon. I think its going to be LOUD.

Tom

Old 06-21-2007, 10:09 AM

alright, those GSXR mimics look hot, but wouldn't that make the bike run pretty rough??I know there are alot of people on here that have been flamming people for wanting to put a Moto GP style exhaust on their bikes. also does that interfere with the footpeg? Keep us posted with the highmount shorty, the bracket will work for me because i have a bannana seat as well.

Old 06-21-2007, 07:23 PM

Hey itgbudeev,

I'm not too sure how the bike will run with this small of a pipe. I'll have to incorporate a torque cone in the mid-pipe somehow so it has some kind of backpressure. With the mock up you see in the pics, my foot didnt touch the can. I'll do more testing once I finalize a mid-pipe and a way to secure it to the bike.

Quick Reply: My New Custom CF Pipe