F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

my new chain and sprockets

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 11:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my new chain and sprockets

my new chain had tight and lose spots - VERY ANNOYING! When I let go of my throttle, my engine breaking felt shaky, like in cars when you do not clutch it good

went to Sportbike Dynamics to get it installed. Learned alot in the process, I think the most hardest part is to take out the links in the chain and then sealing the chain back together.

Once I rode it OMG! It felt so smoooooooth and increased my speed/acceleration greatly. Kept everything stock 16/46.

AFAM sprockets
EK x-ring chain

Old 12-30-2005, 01:26 AM
Default RE: my new chain and sprockets

Looks nice!

Old 12-30-2005, 01:34 AM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice!! I just did my chain and sprockets last saturday for the same reason... my old chain was starting to kink up and was making alot of noise, even with plenty of lube on it (taking off from a stop it would make all those random "pops"... very annoying!!). I did a 520 conversion with Vortex front and rear sprockets (stock 16/46) and an RK XW-ring gold chain. I love it... soooo smooth and quiet now, it's great!

Old 12-30-2005, 02:46 AM

pics!!
I went w/ AFAM as they have a reputation as being better but Vortex is also good

Old 12-30-2005, 01:05 PM
Fox
Banned

ORIGINAL: shraz

my new chain had tight and lose spots - VERY ANNOYING! When I let go of my throttle, my engine breaking felt shaky, like in cars when you do not clutch it good

went to Sportbike Dynamics to get it installed. Learned alot in the process, I think the most hardest part is to take out the links in the chain and then sealing the chain back together.

Once I rode it OMG! It felt so smoooooooth and increased my speed/acceleration greatly. Kept everything stock 16/46.

AFAM sprockets
EK x-ring chain
So the new chain had tight and lose spots? That sucks. What did the shop do to fix that? Sounds like it should be replaced under warranty if it's already kinking up on you. Where did you get the new parts from? Did you stay with the 525 chain and gears?

Old 12-30-2005, 05:53 PM

what warranty? Bought a used bike not new! [:'(]
it does have 9K miles on it [8D]

got the sprockets at kneedraggers.com and chain at moto-heaven very fast shipping for both.

16/46 525 all stock

half turn wheel tight half turn wheel loose hehe. Mechanic told me could be caused by wheelies.

Old 12-31-2005, 03:36 PM
Fox
Banned

got the sprockets at kneedraggers.com and chain at moto-heaven very fast shipping for both.

16/46 525 all stock

half turn wheel tight half turn wheel loose hehe. Mechanic told me could be caused by wheelies.
No the chain... didn't you buy the chain and sprockets new? Why was the chain already kinking up? That makes no sense. You would think that a new chain would function as such. Maybe my reading comprehension issue is kicking in <searching for meds>.

Old 12-31-2005, 07:38 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

pics!!
I went w/ AFAM as they have a reputation as being better but Vortex is also good
Ok ok... here's some pics of mine

Name:  sprocket1.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  106.6 KB

Name:  sprocket2.jpg
Size:  103.3 KB

Name:  sprocket3.jpg
Size:  81.5 KB

Name:  sprocket4.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  67.5 KB

Old 01-02-2006, 07:44 AM

niceeee

ORIGINAL: mikem317

16/46 525 all stock

No the chain... didn't you buy the chain and sprockets new? Why was the chain already kinking up? That makes no sense. You would think that a new chain would function as such. Maybe my reading comprehension issue is kicking in <searching for meds>.
ur probably talking about the reflection of the flash on the stock lube the chain has
the loose and tightness I was talking about was from the old chain - which is y i changed it

Old 01-03-2006, 12:07 AM
Fox
Banned

ORIGINAL: thirdgenlxi

Ok ok... here's some pics of mine
Nice job Jared! Looks like the left-side engine cover is scratched. Are you getting that replaced too? Man, that bikes looks completely new after the rebuild!

Quick Reply: my new chain and sprockets