F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

My new CBR with some issues...

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 06:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new CBR with some issues...

Okay I would like to start out by saying this is my first Honda purchase. I just purchased a 2002 Honda CBR 600 F4i on firday. I bought this from a private owner. I rode the bike a couple of times and looked it over for what my knowledge could. When I went to pick it up the owner said the low/high beam bulb went out the night before. I knew it did because it was working for me. I went to Broward motorcycle today and bought bulb they said was for my bike. When I got home I realized the bulb I took out was longer then the new one. I still tried installing it and it fit the housing but I couldnt put the harness on with the boot on. I took the boot off just to try the bulb and it still didnt work. My high beam works so whats up guys? Also is adjusting the rear shock a DYI job?

Old 12-08-2008, 06:56 PM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: My new CBR with some issues...

Did you check the fuse? With suspension adjustments it's better to have professionals do it.

Old 12-08-2008, 07:01 PM

Okay I dont want to get bashed but I do not know where the fuse box is also why did the shop give me the wrong bulb (H7) I heard that both lights will go off if it the fuse as well.7)

Old 12-08-2008, 07:27 PM

If you have one beam, your fuse is good. If the shop sold you the wrong bulb, they are idiots. Don't try to force it. I do believe H7 is correct though, at least for the newer ones.

Old 12-08-2008, 07:48 PM

This is a very large shop...it is the number one Broward County Florida shop. They jumped on there computer and gave me the buld they said was from my bike. Like I said it fits the whole but doesnt not match the old one or the high beam.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the old bulbs look longer because they are plugged into an adaptor/connector base. you need to remove that and reuse it!

Old 12-09-2008, 08:37 AM

PROBLEMSOLVED and I feel like a fool! I shouldnt even of posted lol Thanks for the help though

Old 12-09-2008, 08:49 AM

When I picked up my 2002 the owner had neglected it even though he said everyting was kept up on it . You want to make sure the chain and adjustment is good along with the sprckets , go ahead and change your oil ,check coolant ,brake pads and fluid level ,air filter etc . When you said issues my bike came to mind when I bought it this summer . This is what I did to mine as in replaced everything plus new tires ,changing fork oil ,new battery ,new wheel bearings .

Old 12-09-2008, 09:34 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Dieseldmook

PROBLEM SOLVED and I feel like a fool! I shouldn't even of posted lol Thanks for the help though
What was the problem and what was you solution?

It is always great to see people solve their own problems, but it is still good to know what the solution was, if you care to share!

Thanks.

Old 12-09-2008, 11:45 AM

the old bulbs look longer because they are plugged into an adaptor/connector base. you need to remove that and reuse it!

Quick Reply: My new CBR with some issues...