F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

My first mod is done

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 05:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My first mod is done

also, when i mean complete kit.. i got the 2 projectors, 2 D2S bulbs, and the factory phillips/acura ballasts. everything was like new condition. i was very happy.. even emailed the seller after the acution and thanked him for his top notch products. i think he runs some sort of high end auto salvage or something. at the time he was selling navigation units for lexus and the last generation TL's..

either way, good guy... email him.

Old 08-14-2007, 07:50 AM

I happen to like the extreme glare my HID kit puts off, I used it to hide my bike when I pass oncoming cops =P

Old 08-14-2007, 12:17 PM

hide your bike.. an awfull HID kit makes you a target.. youde stick out like a sore thumb. so if you constantly get over seen by police on your bike.. maybe its not the glare from your headlights, maybe its your good looks? either way, i call bull****. hahahaha

Old 12-02-2007, 03:28 PM

How did you mount the ballast in between the headlights? Same with the one on the bottom? Is it a custom mounting plate provided with your kit or did you make this yourself? I'm having trouble finding a place to mount mine..

Old 12-02-2007, 04:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Built B16a

not to hate too much on your new mod, and thread....

but after owning past halogen headlight cars, and doing HID retor's with real HID projectors, i'll never put a HID bulb in a halogen housing again. soon, i plan on doing a TSX projector HID retro, but i want to use one TSX, and one TL projector. the TSX is single xenon, and the TL is dual. (high beam).

right now i have the dual headlight mod with both headlights and H4's.. but i still want HID's again, as i do in all my cars. i only need 1 highbeam, just to flick the questionable drivers that flash me.

but again, not trying to hate soo much on your thread, but looking at behind the handle bars, your cut off might not look too bad, but belive me, there's a ton of glare 50-75 feet away.

you'll never get that out of a HID bulb in a halogen headlamp.
o ya i def agree with ya on this one, back when i was into cars i did that and was like *** should have done the retro fit which isnt that hard to do. hid in halogen lamp looks like ****. HID's in a projector is liek night and day. dont get me wrong on this they look damn good but spend a lil more money and get better results with real hid projectors

Old 12-02-2007, 06:33 PM

Projectors look good esp with hid's (did my 07 se camry upgraded the stock projectors to hid)..But on our bikes its not bad.I readjusted my low beam and have not had 1 cop say anything to me or get flashed for that fact.

Based on the 100% improvement of usable light at night.I now dont worry about out riding my headlight.Which with the stock lighting can be 40mph..