F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

My F4i was totalled tonight...DAMN IT!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 10:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My F4i was totalled tonight...DAMN IT!

I'm so pissed off right now and thankful all at the same time. I decided to leave work a little early today to go ride for a little bit. I had come to a stop light and had been sitting still for about 40 secondsminding my own business when all of a sudden....WHAM!

Some stupid bitch hit me from behind doing about 40 miles an hour. She told the police she was using her cell phone and had bent down to pick up something out of the floor of her passenger seat and when she looked back up...poof...there I was. She admitted that it was all her fault and she never even attempted to brake. I had been sitting stopped for about 40 seconds when she hit me from behind.

So, I've spent the last 7 hours in the emergency room and now have two herniated discs in my back.

I've only had the F4i for 4 months. I have NEVER laid a bike down accidentally or otherwise. I have NEVER dropped a bike...not even as a brand new newbie rider. I ride religiously and it's not uncommon to find me and my fellow riding buddies on the back roads doing 100-120 with knees down. Still...never have I even put a scratch on a bike.

Then...tonight...sitting still at a stop light and some stupid ******* bitch plows me from behind.

DAMN IT...I'm so pissed off...

Just really needed to vent...

Old 11-28-2007, 10:49 PM
Default RE: My F4i was totalled tonight...DAMN IT!

Sorry Chris. I'm sorry there's nothing I can say that will help.

Revenge is fairly sweet, however, and you're nothing if not cool and calculating. Perhaps there may be legal recourse to remove said bitch's financial future...

Old 11-28-2007, 10:57 PM

Damn that sucks! I always worry about that when I'm in town. Most the time I stay in my mirrors till I have a couple car shields stopped behaind me, but that is most the time. I get mad at myself when a car comes along my side that I did know was there. It doesn't happen often, but it happens.
What I'm saying is it can happen to all of use. Glad you alive. So hello to a gym for your back. Don't let anyone cut on you for awhile. The disk with exercise (after pain is not out of controll) has worked for mine for years. I can ride 1000+ mile days on a sport bike, so there is hope.

Old 11-28-2007, 11:01 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear that bro. That's on my top 5 fears as a rider which is why I can't stand the stock mirrors .. not that it def. would've alleviated your situation but there's always the small chance it would've. Wasn't there so can't say for sure but sounds like the cell story is made up .. I mean if you were stopped at a light, didn't she have to come to a stop anyway? Did she brake at all, skid marks? Anyway, whatever the case, sorry it happened and punch her square in the taco next time you see her.

Old 11-28-2007, 11:04 PM

Sorry to hear about that man. Glad to see your makin it thru tho.

Old 11-28-2007, 11:08 PM
Banned

Really sorry to hear about this moto. I hope you recover fast and get well. Back injuries are not to mess with. Just by following your post's and responses here, I can tell you are someone who is very responsible and will do everything needed to a speedy recovery.

Your bike is something that can be replaced, you are not. So glad to see you are able to be with us tonight to share your unfortunate experience.

Keep us updated on what goes on with this. I am very curious to see what legal actions are taken toward a very careless and dangerous cager. This type of incident is one that Iworry about all the time. We just had a similar incident between a dump truck and a rider here locally. His outcome was not quite as fortunate as yours.

Old 11-28-2007, 11:20 PM
Retired Administrator

Feel better now that you have that off your chest.

Man... I'm sorry. I couln't imagine how I'd react to a thing like that, but at least you're ok.

Old 11-28-2007, 11:37 PM

been there bro same thing happened to me few years back
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2.../Scan10005.jpg
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2.../Scan10006.jpg

Old 11-28-2007, 11:40 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh man I'm so sorry to hear this happened to you... BUT I'm extremely glad that you're [for the most part] OK! At leat you're still here with us to tell the story... that's all that matters

That really sucks though... I got rear ended back in March while sitting at a stoplight, though not nearly as fast as your hit. Mine just pushed me forward a little bit into the car in front of me and knocked me over, and I landed on my feet somehow, lol. But damn 40 mph that's a good hit!

Again I'm glad you're alright, and hope it didn't do too much damage to you. Back injuries are no joke. Milk that stupid bitch for everything she's got! If people are ever gonna learn anything you gotta hit them where it hurts... the wallet

Good luck, and keep us updated!

Old 11-28-2007, 11:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn bro sorry to hear. Get better!

Quick Reply: My F4i was totalled tonight...DAMN IT!