F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

My F4i was totalled tonight...DAMN IT!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 07:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My F4i was totalled tonight...DAMN IT!

well, at least she didn't make up some bull**** and try to pin it on u some kind of way. a guy on another forum was cut off by a car making a left from the right lane and he ****ed the rider up a bit. then the bastard tried to say it was the rider's fault some kind of way. he was unsuccessful though. i dont know the severity of ur injury but ur still alive, have a good case against the bitch, and will definitely be getting a newer bike.

Old 11-30-2007, 04:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also have been rear ended, but mine was low speed and by a cop. I'm still in therapy and now taking meds[:@]. I've ridden a few times since, and have learned a technique that hopefully will avoid a repeat for myself and anyone else who employs it. If you guys try this, let me know if it works out for you:

When stopped behind a vehicle aim the bike at 30-45degree angle. By doing this, your vision and range detection is a little better. I also think that it helps cagers better be able to judge distance as I don't get as many cars get close on my rear end.
And if the person doesn't want to or can't stop then you can let out the clutch and hide beside the car in front or lane split for safety (cause you planned your angle to give you a way out).

Old 11-30-2007, 04:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Jaybird180

I also have been rear ended, but mine was low speed and by a cop. I'm still in therapy and now taking meds[:@].
WOW. Now that's a hell of a story...a cop? Yikes!

I'm not much for lawsuits etc...but my attorney is taking this chic's *** to the cleaners.

Old 11-30-2007, 04:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

https://cbrforum.com/m_410518/tm.htm

Old 11-30-2007, 04:57 PM

ORIGINAL: MotoGPFan26

I'm so pissed off right now and thankful all at the same time. I decided to leave work a little early today to go ride for a little bit. I had come to a stop light and had been sitting still for about 40 secondsminding my own business when all of a sudden....WHAM!

Some stupid bitch hit me from behind doing about 40 miles an hour. She told the police she was using her cell phone and had bent down to pick up something out of the floor of her passenger seat and when she looked back up...poof...there I was. She admitted that it was all her fault and she never even attempted to brake. I had been sitting stopped for about 40 seconds when she hit me from behind.

So, I've spent the last 7 hours in the emergency room and now have two herniated discs in my back.

I've only had the F4i for 4 months. I have NEVER laid a bike down accidentally or otherwise. I have NEVER dropped a bike...not even as a brand new newbie rider. I ride religiously and it's not uncommon to find me and my fellow riding buddies on the back roads doing 100-120 with knees down. Still...never have I even put a scratch on a bike.

Then...tonight...sitting still at a stop light and some stupid ******* bitch plows me from behind.

DAMN IT...I'm so pissed off...

Just really needed to vent...
That's why:

1. At every stop light, stop sign, any stop. You always take a look in your mirrors and see if some idiot bitch like this one is coming
up behind you.

It's not paranoia...it's called being aware of fools.

2. If you are pulling up at a stop and there are cars in front of you, when you stop make sure your bike is slanted a bit towards
and between the lanes of cars if any.

Watch your mirrors, and if some idiot bitch like this is coming too fast, take off between cars where ever you can safely go so the
guy with the big truck can have it in the *** end and not you.

Always have a way out.

3. This is also why driving and talking should be a crime...at least a Class A misdemeanor.

Meaning up to 6-12 months in jail, education about driver safety, and license suspension for 6-12 months.

And a good sized fine. ($250-$1,000)

Lastly, someone said it was great and was somewhat congratulatory, that the woman was "honest".

This lady bitch driving the car should be hung by her **** with piano wire.

This is not a f***ing game out here!!!!!!!

My dad had a friend who was decapitated after being drug underneath a jacked up SUV by some woman who ran right through a red light and my dad's friend.

"Honest"???????

That is so motherf****ing stupid I can't fathom it.

Old 11-30-2007, 04:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Jaybird180

I also have been rear ended, but mine was low speed and by a cop. I'm still in therapy and now taking meds[:@].
WOW. Now that's a hell of a story...a cop? Yikes!

I'm not much for lawsuits etc...but my attorney is taking this chic's *** to the cleaners.
Sue that bitch for everything she has.

Old 11-30-2007, 06:31 PM

ORIGINAL: bmg velocity

Lastly, someone said it was great and was somewhat congratulatory, that the woman was "honest".

My dad had a friend who was decapitated after being drug underneath a jacked up SUV by some woman who ran right through a red light and my dad's friend.

"Honest"???????

I get exactly what you are saying. I think the poster about the honesty thing had good intentions...go easy on him.

You are very right. It's not a game out here. We are in the serious minority. Cagers don't care. Worse yet, guys on sportbikes have been handed a bad reputation by the idiots who ride up and down the road doing wheelies and stunts (yes, if you do this you are a f*cking idiot and give a lot of us a bad rep). In any case, most cagers are happy to knock off a guy on a sport bike.

Any time I am beside someone on a cell phone and get right next to them and make the phone signal ( thumb to ear and pinky to mouth) and then pretend like I'm hanging up a phone as if to say to them get off the f*cking phone *******." If they don't get off, I just gear down so I'm revving around 11-14K rpms and keep it there. I figure they can deal with my loud *** exhaust if they won't hang up there phones.

People on cell phones while trying to drive should have there cell phone shoved through their ear drums.

I'm going to enjoy the money I'm going to get out of this chic for a while to come.

It has made me realize just how ultra safe I have to be while on a bike. I always thought "it will never happen to me." Now I realize I'm just as much at risk as any other rider. I consider this a real lesson in riding...one I won't soon forget. If this chic had been in an SUV or big truck...I very possibly might be dead right now. One of the things that saved my *** is that she was driving a toyota corolla.

I appreciate all you who have contributed to this thread. I only hope maybe my accident (even though I'm not dead or missing limbs) may help spare one of you guys from having this happen. You can never be too safe on the road! ALWAYS wear your f*cking gear.

Old 11-30-2007, 06:37 PM

ORIGINAL: bmg velocity

"Honest"???????

I get exactly what you are saying. I think the poster about the honesty thing had good intentions...go easy on him.

You are very right. It's not a game out here. We are in the serious minority. Cagers don't care. Worse yet, guys on sportbikes have been handed a bad reputation by the idiots who ride up and down the road doing wheelies and stunts (yes, if you do this you are a f*cking idiot and give a lot of us a bad rep). In any case, most cagers are happy to knock off a guy on a sport bike.

Any time I am beside someone on a cell phone and get right next to them and make the phone signal ( thumb to ear and pinky to mouth) and then pretend like I'm hanging up a phone as if to say to them get off the f*cking phone *******." If they don't get off, I just gear down so I'm revving around 11-14K rpms and keep it there. I figure they can deal with my loud *** exhaust if they won't hang up there phones.

People on cell phones while trying to drive should have there cell phone shoved through their ear drums.

I'm going to enjoy the money I'm going to get out of this chic for a while to come.

It has made me realize just how ultra safe I have to be while on a bike. I always thought "it will never happen to me." Now I realize I'm just as much at risk as any other rider. I consider this a real lesson in riding...one I won't soon forget. If this chic had been in an SUV or big truck...I very possibly might be dead right now. One of the things that saved my *** is that she was driving a toyota corolla.

I appreciate all you who have contributed to this thread. I only hope maybe my accident (even though I'm not dead or missing limbs) may help spare one of you guys from having this happen. You can never be too safe on the road! ALWAYS wear your f*cking gear.
Don't you love it when these asses realize that the world does not revolve around them.

That look of surprise/annoyment/and guilt simultaneously is priceless.

Old 11-30-2007, 07:45 PM

That really sucks man!!!! Freakin idiot drivers! What are you going to do with the bike? Let me know if want to sell any parts. Any at all.

Old 11-30-2007, 08:03 PM

ORIGINAL: F4Stunter

That really sucks man!!!! Freakin idiot drivers! What are you going to do with the bike? Let me know if want to sell any parts. Any at all.
I'm not up to parting out the bike...too much hassle. I'll end up with an engine and aframe left and nothing to do with them.I'm going to put the bike up on ebay for best offer.It will sell.

Then comes the daunting task of finding another F4i. I considered several other bikes:

1. 2007 CBR 600rr
2. 2007 Kawi ZX6R
3. 2007 Daytona 675
4. Speed Triple

IF the new Honda Hornet were here in the states I would pick one up tommorrow...but their only in Europe still. So,after having sat on all four of thebikes I listed above...I realized I really just want another F4i. The Speed Triple isn't high revving enough. The other three are a little too racey with their seating positions and wouldn't be as comfortable as the F4i...which has it all in the comfort department as far as sport bikes are concerned.

I'm going to find another 2006 F4i. Then, compliments of said bitches insurance company, I'll be upgrading to Ohlins up front and in the rear. Scott's steeering stabilizer. Another Bootleg carbon fiber shorty. Split seat conversion. Sato rearsets. PUIG double bubble. Pazzo levers. Goodridge stainless steel lines.Carbon fiber hugger.

I just really loved the F4i. I thought it was a excellent all round bike. Great performance with streetable comfort; enough comfort to take distance trips on and not be tired with a backache after an hour.

Yep...I'll be getting another F4i.

Quick Reply: My F4i was totalled tonight...DAMN IT!