F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

My F4i was totalled tonight...DAMN IT!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 03:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My F4i was totalled tonight...DAMN IT!

Sorry to hear this man
Glad you're ok
the same exact thing happened to a friend of mine on his gixxer - he remarkably was uninjured even with no gear besides a helmet
he had a happy ending and got a 600rr

I used to leave my bike in nuetral at most lights like mentioned before
My reminder came in the form of a white ranger that ended up sideways around 2 ft behind me

Old 11-29-2007, 07:08 PM

that sucks but be glad that you are alive. Even seasoned riders sometimes forget some of the rules, so don't feel bad about not having it clutches in 1st and not paying attention to your mirrors.

Old 11-29-2007, 07:21 PM

ORIGINAL: halik008

so don't feel bad about not having it clutches in 1st and not paying attention to your mirrors.
Should I address you as ******* or stupid? Or perhaps both?

The bike was in first gear. I was paying attention to my mirrors and it appeared to me the driver was going to stop. However, had I known she was not going to stop andhad Idecided to move my bike to the right or the left I would have been completely ran over by the traffic on both sides of me. To the left was oncoming traffic and to the right was merging traffic into an upcoming highway onramp. There was simply nothing that could be done either way. I was stuck.

Don't feel bad for being such a ********...you had no control over your genotype.

Old 11-29-2007, 07:25 PM

he may have assumed that was the case since some of us were talking about our own lapses of judgement on the subject

Old 11-29-2007, 07:57 PM
Banned

Hey moto,

How are you feeling? Hope they gave you some good meds. Dont let asshats get to you, we know you are a responsible rider. Are you able to get around yet, whats your status?

Old 11-29-2007, 08:00 PM
Retired Moderator

It looks like you have a very special reason to be thankful as I look at your avatar. Getting hit from the rear on your bike is something that I am paranoid about. I am glad you are okay, and it is just a shame about your bike. Is the insurance company taking care of you? Keep us posted.

Old 11-29-2007, 08:46 PM

At the risk of appearing to fawn, I'm thrilled to see that not even tragedy can affect your nonpareil style of primitive tissue disposal.[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 11-30-2007, 03:16 AM

Oh my god Chris, That's horrible! I'm glad you're here to tell us the story... and I'm glad your little one isn't orphaned. Sucks cause you just put all that money in that new bootleg exhaust too. I can understand loosing your attention at a light. I do it all the time. I always tell myself to keep my eyes on the miorror when i'm at a light, but sometimes I get lazy and don't bother. I know that's wrong, but let's face it, it's easier to forget about situational awareness then it is to keep it. When I can't remain focused, i should just stop riding and go home. Don't listen to halik008 man because it happens to all of us at some point.

Do you plan on getting another bike after this experience? Nobody will think of you any differently if you don't. Main reason I got a motorcycle was because I got dumped (it was instinct really). I'm selling it once I have a kid because I know how dangerous it can be, and I couldn't stand my kid(s) growing up without a father. Best wishes man and Keep us posted!

Old 11-30-2007, 03:21 AM

Glad you're ok....

Are you parting out? Cause I really need a radiator fan......J/K. But seriously, I need a fan

Old 11-30-2007, 06:59 AM

Sometimes no matter how prepared and ready you are, $hit still does happen. Bottom line is you are alive to tell the story.
That said, so what bike are you planning on getting? Just thot to think ahead a little.

Quick Reply: My F4i was totalled tonight...DAMN IT!