F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

my crash

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 01:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my crash

hey everyone

i was out yesterday ona group ride with a bunch of guys from bandofriders.net which is a great site full of great people...but i ended up going down...heres what happened...when i get pix, ill post em up:

i was goin around a left hand corner...the roads had been wet and covered in tar snakes all day...so i was unsure about how far i could push the bike...the turn got sharper, and i couldve leaned the bike more, but didnt, instead i target fixated on the gravel on the outside of the road...stood the bike up straight and slammed on the brakes...as soon as i hit the gravel, the bike went over on the left side, and i low-sided it off the bike and slid, according to the guys behind me, about 10 ft...i luckily missed the guardrail by about 4 ft...the left rearset on the bike broke off...and it got pretty rashed up...but should b an easy fix...tho, after totalling my car friday night, i think imma hafta sell the bike...

Old 01-07-2007, 02:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: my crash

yo, glad to hear you're ok....decreaseing turns on unfamiliar roads are never fun.

Old 01-07-2007, 02:32 PM
Retired Moderator

Man, two for two...that's terrible news! Another guy on the forum, Dwight, had the same thing happen to him. Lost his bike, then his car. Anyway, I would encourage you to do what you can to keep the bike, because it will be a real heartbreaker when spring comes along. You will miss it! I understand that sometimes what you want to do and what you need to do are mutually exclusive, but, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD KEEP THE BIKE (in my best Chris Farley voice). Glad you are healthy, good luck.

Old 01-07-2007, 04:19 PM
stx

a buddy of mine always says and I quote "there are two types of riders, those who have been down and those who are going down" glad to hear that your still in one peice.
Hey , I turned a lemon into lemonade, I cleaned and touched up my busted fairing and now I have some really cool art work, see avatar....and I agree with these guy's if you can hold on to that bike...

Old 01-07-2007, 06:08 PM

ouch that sucks man! hear your okay though! try to keep the bike =]

Old 01-07-2007, 06:13 PM

Yup target fixation sucks I went down on a cloverleaf due to target fixation. It was around 6 Pm and I hadnt eaten anything all day so I was not able to focus on the road enough.. just dazed off for a second and that was enough

Old 01-07-2007, 08:50 PM

I just had a buddy fix my spilt upper cowl from a spill about two months ago. Some fiberglass and some jb weld got me going again. I'l worry about painting later; I want to ride!

Old 01-07-2007, 10:28 PM

Glade to see your ok...bandofriders.net is the best dam site to hook up with riders!!! No one left behind!! No matter what!! Hope to see you back out with us soon...If you need a hand fixing your bike just holla @bandofriders.net..We also team up to help each other get our bikes back out on the road...

Old 01-07-2007, 11:22 PM

Yah deffinetly don't get rid of the bike. I was thinking the same thing when I almost crashed. I was going down an on-ramp when the front end came down it must have came down a little crooked into a crack in the road. I was doing 85+ MPH and the bars were going lock to lock and the bike was bouncing from left to right between my legs. Scared the crap out of me thought i was going down for sure but luckly i saved it. Well keep riding its the best thing to do. Later

Old 01-08-2007, 12:03 AM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

Another guy on the forum, Dwight, had the same thing happen to him. Lost his bike, then his car.
Well, I totaled the bike (my own fault) then 2 months later some boner cut in front of me while driving my car. It's not totaled, but still in the body shop...but done dec. 18th, but the other insurance hasn't issued payment yet [:@]so that's why it's still there. I'm still pimpin the caddy CTS for now

Anyway, sorry to hear that. Don't sell the bike...you'll regret it later...Unless you maybe want to upgrade later anyway?

Quick Reply: my crash