F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

My Bootleg exhaust is too loud

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 10:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Bootleg exhaust is too loud

I bought this bike with the bootleg installed. At first I liked the noise, when I juice the throttle, everybody knows.
Yesterday I took my buddies 99 F4 for a ride, he has a Hindle pipe and header. I really enjoyed riding his bike, and I think most of the reason is because I could hear the bike better and felt more in control.
It seems to me at certain lower RPM the exhaust hits a frequency that really drones and somewhat irritates my ears.
The Hindle pipe has such a beautiful tuned sound, to me its almost like having no exhaust vs a tuned Dynomax exhaust on a car.
I am interested to hear your thoughts or opinions.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:01 AM
July 2010 ROTM

im sure you could sell your bootleg on here

Old 06-10-2010, 11:02 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by vangill
im sure you could sell your bootleg on here
+1

Old 06-10-2010, 11:28 AM

Umm. Ya someone will ****** that bootleg from you pretty quick if you want a different note. Let me tell you my personal opinion. Although there are many different sizes/shapes to bootleg slip-ons, I will tell you my experience thus far.

Right off the bat when I started the bike up for the first time after the installation, I knew immediately that the sound note is going to be rather loud. This is even at idle. To me, it sounds like a throaty deep but louder than two bros pipe. The bootleg is a rather louder than normal aftermarket name brand slip-on for obvious reasons. Look at my pics below. The can is basically a hollowed out piece of metal with a honeycomb air deflector in its lining. There are no stops or curves or air blockages as in other cans rather there is basically a "glass-pack". But this "glass pack" really makes the bike sound sharp. Loud at times? Yes. Lets people and cars know your coming and you mean business and dont feel like getting over-looked and hit today? Yes. Deep and throaty? Yes. Ricey and pingy? Nope The bootlegs, whichever version you have, really are unique exhausts..and Im lucky to have found one

Name:  DSCN0361.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  143.7 KB
Name:  DSCN0362.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  98.8 KB

Old 06-10-2010, 12:17 PM

I really love the look, your bike looks awesome with that pipe. I guess pipes are really a person thing, everybody likes a different sound. I got the factory pipe with the bike, I should put it on to make sure that the noise I am complaining about really is the pipe. Whats this pipe worth? Should I put it on ebay? I would really prefer to trade.

Old 06-10-2010, 01:18 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

u could def get a good trade out of it...

Old 06-10-2010, 09:33 PM

do yall have any videos on this i never heard this exhaust before and i kind of wanna here it. does it even do anything or is it just like a strait pipe?

Old 06-10-2010, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by maldy21
do yall have any videos on this i never heard this exhaust before and i kind of wanna here it. does it even do anything or is it just like a strait pipe?
definitely muffles the sound and creates back pressure, just still pretty loud. ill see if i can get a clip up in the next few days.

Name:  IMG_1647.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  87.7 KB

Old 06-10-2010, 10:23 PM

Hey, you think you got it bad? My stock exhaust is too quiet...but sadly nobody will trade me a Two Bros for the stock can.

Old 06-11-2010, 06:42 AM

I really like the look of those bootlegs. Never seen one in person before but those pics posted both look really good.

Quick Reply: My Bootleg exhaust is too loud