F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

my bike fell over!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 05:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: my bike fell over!!

Since you took the plugs out, try leaving them out and then trying to crank it.
+1

Old 08-27-2008, 05:57 AM

well when my bike fell over my stator somehow started to leak oil from the top of the gasket. that explains all the oil everywhere. i am going to wait until the weekend to start working on it. i don't have a garage i have to work on it in a parking lot. tomorrow i am going to go buy some new plugs. i am kind of to scared to start her up like she is now. when i first got back i did try and start it. i did make the noise and sounded like it was gonna start, but then just died. the battery went dead after i think 2 tries. i tried to jump start it after i did that but i just don't think it had the juice. i think the oil is on the plugs just because it was on its side for a while. the guys i work with picked it up for me but the damage had already been done.

Old 08-27-2008, 06:01 AM

the plugs are still in, are you saying take them all out and then try to start it? what would i be looking for? i am going to take out the air box this weekend and clean it with some dawn soap and just clean up all the oil and then put a new stator and gasket and change the oil before i try and start it up again. ill get back to yall when i get this done. thanks again for the help gents.

Old 08-27-2008, 06:03 AM

ill get some pictures too!

Old 08-27-2008, 07:05 AM

Did the engine turn over at all when you tried to start it? If it did, and then the battery died, the reason it didn't start was because the plugs were fouled with oil. If it didn't crank at all, then it might have been hydro-locked. When you go to replace your plugs, leave them all out and crank it over, this will help to clear the cylinders of any oil left in there. Not sure if you have a sealed battery or not, but if it's the typical lead/acid type, the acid may have leaked out causing the battery not to hold a charge. But, you said you also tried to jump it, so that may not be your problem. You should check that anyway.

Old 08-27-2008, 10:06 AM

my engine is cranking, but not turning over. when i said i jumped it i mean that i ran with it, jumped on and popped the clutch. it is a sealed battery and that is thefirst thing i checked. i got the battery tested and it was fine.so when i try to crank it w/o the spark plugs in, is a bunch of stuff gonna shoot out and should the bike start or just keep cranking? i have never done this before. i googled how to "read" a spark plug and i looked oil fouled and thats what im hoping. it doesn't sound as bad. im at work all day but when i get off ill pull the plugs out and give it a try. i will get pics and show you all all the damage [sm=boohoo.gif]

Old 08-27-2008, 12:13 PM

ORIGINAL: maldy21

my engine is cranking, but not turning over. when i said i jumped it i mean that i ran with it, jumped on and popped the clutch. it is a sealed battery and that is thefirst thing i checked. i got the battery tested and it was fine.so when i try to crank it w/o the spark plugs in, is a bunch of stuff gonna shoot out and should the bike start or just keep cranking? i have never done this before. i googled how to "read" a spark plug and i looked oil fouled and thats what im hoping. it doesn't sound as bad. im at work all day but when i get off ill pull the plugs out and give it a try. i will get pics and show you all all the damage [sm=boohoo.gif]
It's cranking but not turning over? The starter is making the engine crank, and it just wont start? Or it just wont do anything at all?

Old 08-27-2008, 12:34 PM

i push the start button and it goes er,er,er,er,er,er,er (thats what i would sound like if i were a motorcycle) for about5 secthen it dies. the engine doesn't fire up.

Old 08-27-2008, 01:15 PM

When you crank the bike with out the plugs it will not start. Crank for only a few secs.It will shoot fluid out of the spark plug holes if there is any in the cylinders. If nothing comes out holes, put new plugs in and see if it starts.

Quick Reply: my bike fell over!!