F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

my bike fell over!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 05:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my bike fell over!!

I was just getting back from overseas and i was at the airport and i got a call that my bike had fallen over and was leaking oil from the stator cover. It fell on the kick stand side and it is pretty jacked up. I think someone pushed it over but anyways, i tried to start it and it tried to turn but nothing. I tried it again and it doesn't even try to crank at all. I read some forums to try and figure out what the problem is and one person said maybe the battery died. I trickle charged it over night and tried again and nothing, not even on the jump start, any ideas? my baby had some pretty bad fairing damage too. I'm going to get it painted now but i am ballin on a budget. All my fairings except the front one are off. Should i take out the foam on the sides before i get it painted and i just want one color, what are the ranges for price??

Old 08-24-2008, 09:32 AM
Default RE: my bike fell over!!

Cycle the red kill switch a couple times, on and off (maybe 3-4 times) then try and start it again. Don't start it if its got no oil in it, replace the cover and refill with oil first.

Old 08-24-2008, 12:52 PM

its probably the battery the tip over sensor only disables the fuel pump. Check your voltage. The bike will still crank with no oil. Just not good. You will definately hear the starter. Jump it and fill it with more oil if you can see the crack on the stator cover. use some jb weld or something to temporairily get it shut until you can get it home and pop on the stator cover.

Old 08-24-2008, 05:23 PM
July 2008 ROTM

Don't try to start it if it's cracked and leaking oil, lol.

Old 08-25-2008, 11:16 AM

I put my stunt bike down all the time and let it sit on its side and this nevr happens......id say disconnect the neg. battery terminaly for 30 sec then reconnect. fire it up!!

Old 08-25-2008, 04:53 PM

thanks so much for the input guys. i was workin on getitng the spark plugs out today and i wanted to check to see how they were. i tried going through the radiator but that was a pain in the ***. i ended up taking off the airbox and it has got a bunch of oil in it. i wasnt pooled or anything but it was everywhere, even in the ram air ducts. i whiped out the valves and there was a tiny little bit of oil in there. i eventually got the first spark plug out and it was wet fouled. i tried replacing it but the plugs i got from jc whitney didn't fit!! so i put it all back together and i am pretty bummed. after i get the plugs changed, any suggestions? i got a new stator cover but i am waitin for the gasket to come in.

Old 08-27-2008, 05:40 AM

Since you took the plugs out, try leaving them out and then trying to crank it. If it does then your problem was hydro-lock. Crank it for a little bit, it'll make a mess and spit oil everywhere. After that replace the plugs and try to start it. If it does start it's going to smoke like mad until the residual oil burns off, then change the plugs to the new ones. There may be a bigger problem though, like how the oil ended up in the cylinders in the first place.

Quick Reply: my bike fell over!!