F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

My baby fell over...

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 10:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My baby fell over...

So I was getting my bike out of the impound...as I walked through the maze of cars I saw my motorcycle..she looked abandoned and lonely. She looked ok on one side, but as soon as I went to put the keys in I noticed MUD all over the left side. The impound is so stupid that they park motorcycles in soft dirt. Well even though it's AZ, it rains!!! The soft dirt turned into mud...and she could no longer hold herself up. I have no idea how long she was on her side before they picked her up, but she has some scratches on left plastics and mirrors... Nothing I couldn't fix with a few bucks and an hour on ebay. However, I was furious and complained the owner. He told me to get a quote from a dealer and he would pay for it. I took it to the dealer where I purchased it.....$1,600 and change.WTF....

Well there is a happy ending to the story...I can find all the partson ebay for about 300 bucks..andput them on myself.As soon as I left the dealer with theestimate.My friend tells me hisfather isselling his 88 Honda Hurricane with 19k miles on for 1k. I go to take a look at it and he even lets me rideit the whole day. It runs great! So, I picked it up. For a thousand bucks, it's the best beater I've ever riden. It just had a valve job and recent tune up with chainandsprokets.Does anyone know anything about this old beast?

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/4950/cbr06mudbi7.jpg

Old 01-25-2007, 10:09 PM
Default RE: My baby fell over...

Why was it in impound ??

Old 01-25-2007, 10:25 PM

I got a ticket for speeding....ok I was going twice the limit on the freeway. I didn't getarrested, but my bike did

Old 01-25-2007, 10:58 PM

-

Old 01-26-2007, 11:18 AM

I wonder if the impound would of said anything if you hadnt noticed there.

Old 01-26-2007, 12:03 PM

ORIGINAL: Candymanmo06F4I

I wonder if the impound would of said anything if you hadnt noticed there.
They actually wanted me to leave after they gave me the keys. After I noticed the mud I complained and they told me to leave and tried telling me nothing happened! I was like WTF....I took pics and you could see the outline of my motorcycle in the soft dirt...I pointed it out and said I was calling the police to get a report, that's when the owner came to speak to me. He was a bit more understanding and got me to lower my phone. I told him that his towing company should have a bit more common sense and obviously he wasn'ta motorcycle rider. No rider would ever put a bike in the dirt!

Ya gotta love the dealer...first thing that they asked..."are you paying for the parts and labor, or is the estimate for a third party to pay". I winked at the guy and said third party.

Old 01-26-2007, 12:43 PM

Good luck getting them to pay for the damage, if the owner is really willing to pay that's awesome! My buddy's car got impounded a couple years ago for being parking in a permit zone in the city and the tow truck scratched the front end all up. Their response was "don't park where it'll get towed next time". Looks like you're having better results though! Sorry they messed it up on top of having to pay the impound fee, and when you have to pay that fine for speeding...OUCH! But good deal on the Hurricane!

F4inorfolkva-my buddy did the same thing several years ago but at a mall, infront of a bunch of people. Fortunately, his bike fell AWAY from mine! We got off our bikes and he walked around and we heard a CRASH. We looked and there was his YZF lying on it's side. Yeah, he was a little embarrased! OOPS!

Old 01-26-2007, 01:50 PM

ORIGINAL: ed1le

Good luck getting them to pay for the damage, if the owner is really willing to pay that's awesome! My buddy's car got impounded a couple years ago for being parking in a permit zone in the city and the tow truck scratched the front end all up. Their response was "don't park where it'll get towed next time". Looks like you're having better results though! Sorry they messed it up on top of having to pay the impound fee, and when you have to pay that fine for speeding...OUCH! But good deal on the Hurricane!

F4inorfolkva-my buddy did the same thing several years ago but at a mall, infront of a bunch of people. Fortunately, his bike fell AWAY from mine! We got off our bikes and he walked around and we heard a CRASH. We looked and there was his YZF lying on it's side. Yeah, he was a little embarrased! OOPS!
I actually picked up the check for the damage. The owner made it out to my name and everything. I'm really only getting 1k out of the deal. It cost me $630 for thirty days of impound!!!! I could have bought my motorcycle it's own apartment for that. Instead she was left is a dusty field with fellow inmates.

I think the owner may have thought I was a law enforment officer...maybe that's why he was willing to pay so easily. I always carry an exposed pistol on my right hip. ( I seem to get more respect from my fellow motorists!). It really helps with people cutting you off...or following too closely. Gotta love AZ gun laws!

Old 01-27-2007, 06:48 AM

guns are bad mmmmm'kay

Old 01-28-2007, 01:51 PM

ORIGINAL: shraz

guns are bad mmmmm'kay
GUNS ARE GOOD....[sm=violent053.gif]

Quick Reply: My baby fell over...