F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

My 02 F4i

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 03:21 PM
July 2008 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure you'd want to do a dark rim tape on white wheels with your paint job. I'd think that the orange wouldn't look quite the same because of the white contrast underneath it. Just my expectations, at least. My vote is still on brighter orange / gold

Old 03-21-2010, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by vangill
you could prolly paint the exhaust- you could also do white rim tape and then leave the rims the black color-it would match your seats and the ram air covers. its crazy how much rim tape does for a bike.

but white rims would look sick too. either way will look good. i just love the orange, my bikes orange too
Yeah white rim tape would look good. What is usally the best priced site to go to to buy the rim stripes.

Also I love orange and you usually dont see to many burnt orange bikes going down the road. I like being different and thats why i did the two tone the way I did and thats also why I choose orange.

Old 03-21-2010, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Aken
I'm not sure you'd want to do a dark rim tape on white wheels with your paint job. I'd think that the orange wouldn't look quite the same because of the white contrast underneath it. Just my expectations, at least. My vote is still on brighter orange / gold
I will have too see if maybe I can send in a sample of my paint to someone that makes powdercoat and see if they can get the exact same color for the powdercoat.

I think the orange on the rims would also look pretty sick.

Old 03-21-2010, 03:24 PM

i got my stripes at a local store called Cycle Gear, not sure if they are in your area. but otherwise they are all over ebay.

Old 03-21-2010, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by andyriot
i got my stripes at a local store called Cycle Gear, not sure if they are in your area. but otherwise they are all over ebay.
Well we have a Team Motorsports here but they are soooo expensive they wanted 140 bucks for no name flush mount turn singals and they wanted 75 bucks for a progrip tank protector. So I think I would rather order them online and save myself a little cash.

Old 03-21-2010, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by GBCBRf4iRyder
Well we have a Team Motorsports here but they are soooo expensive they wanted 140 bucks for no name flush mount turn singals and they wanted 75 bucks for a progrip tank protector. So I think I would rather order them online and save myself a little cash.
ebay for silly little things like that for sure. thats insane they can charge those prices....

Old 03-21-2010, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by andyriot
ebay for silly little things like that for sure. thats insane they can charge those prices....
Tell me about it. They want 650 for a Micron slip on. I cant believe that people actully go there to but things its absoultey insane.

Old 03-21-2010, 03:50 PM
July 2010 ROTM

get a ebay hong kong progrip tank protector-its like 7 bucks i got one and its pretty good. for the rim tape-i got that off ebay. i think it was 13 bucks. everyone gets it from different places and ive always heard good reviews so your prolly good for wherever you go for rim tape on ebay. mine was from the us so it didnt take longer than 3 days to get to me

Old 03-21-2010, 03:53 PM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I bought my rim tape from glsigns on ebay.. bought a set for my old Ninja 250 and ust bought reflectice red for my CBR...

like $12 for reflective.. standard was like $7 or $8.. shipping included.

Adam

Old 03-22-2010, 12:16 PM

140 for flush mounts?! holy hell thats highway robbery...i paid 40 for mine and think that was even on the high side