CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   My 02 F4i (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/my-02-f4i-107553/)

GBCBRf4iRyder 03-21-2010 02:08 PM

My 02 F4i

5 Attachment(s)
This is my 02 F4i I just bought a month or so ago. It was silver and red when I bought it but the kid had laid it on its side to the right side fairing exhaust and front fender were all sratched so I just decided to repaint the bike. It has been about 2 years since I last painted a car but I think that the paint job came out pretty good.

Also, I want to get an undertail on it and I was just wondering what color you guys would think would look good on the rims.

Attachment 57746

Attachment 57747

Attachment 57748

Attachment 57749

Attachment 57750

GBCBRf4iRyder 03-21-2010 02:09 PM

Also I am going to get flush mount turn signals a new exhaust smoked windscreen and I am going to get both of the seats new black leather.

bluerrchik 03-21-2010 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by GBCBRf4iRyder (Post 895730)
Also I am going to get flush mount turn signals a new exhaust smoked windscreen and I am going to get both of the seats new black leather.

Nice bike...I'm sure it looks better now than when it was wrecked...good job on the paint. I personally would have painted it all one color and leave out the white stripe, but hey it's your bike! That's just my opinion...did you ever think about painting the ram air duct covers the main body color of the bike? They look good painted to match I think. I had it done on the 99 F4 I just sold, and it looked great!

Either way, good job! Hope you enjoy it! Be safe!

vangill 03-21-2010 02:51 PM

white on the rims

regener8ed 03-21-2010 02:58 PM

white rims would tie in the paint scheme. love the burnt orange color!

GBCBRf4iRyder 03-21-2010 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by vangill (Post 895745)
white on the rims

Yeah thats what I was thinking. I think that I am deffinatly going to powdercoat it also.

Does anybody know if any brand exhaust has a white carbon fiber one?

vangill 03-21-2010 03:10 PM

you could prolly paint the exhaust- you could also do white rim tape and then leave the rims the black color-it would match your seats and the ram air covers. its crazy how much rim tape does for a bike.

but white rims would look sick too. either way will look good. i just love the orange, my bikes orange too

andyriot 03-21-2010 03:14 PM

looks pretty good man... definitely need some flushmounts!

+1 on rim stripes. white wheels = noticeably dirty faster

Aken 03-21-2010 03:16 PM

I really like the silver accent - haven't seen that before, makes it original.

I think a brighter copper/orange/gold color for the wheels would be nice.

GBCBRf4iRyder 03-21-2010 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Aken (Post 895756)
I really like the silver accent - haven't seen that before, makes it original.

I think a brighter copper/orange/gold color for the wheels would be nice.

Ya I wanted to do a two-tone so it would stand out more and be a one of a kind bike. Im glad I went with the orange that i did it turned out pretty decent.

Ya I would like to do white rims but like somebody said above you would be able to see all the dirt on them a lot faster. I would like to paint them white and then maybe find some orange rim tape if they make a color that would be close to matching the paint on my bike.