F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

MSF...now I see why!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 07:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MSF...now I see why!!!

Well I just got home from passing the MSF basic rider course. After hearing everyone rave about the class NOW I see why. I can't explain how much I learned. If you havent taken this and your new to riding I HIGHLY recommend it.

Old 04-29-2007, 07:44 PM
Default RE: MSF...now I see why!!!

hell yeah... That class is awesome...

I think I may just take it again just to see if Ive picked up any bad habits over the last few years. Honestly, I wish they would change the class from optional to manditory... Everything that you learn in that class on those ****ty 125cc bikes is exactly the same on the roads on a sport bike going 100+mph.

Old 04-29-2007, 07:52 PM

Yeah the class is pretty benefitial, but boring if you already know how to ride and you are just taking it to get your liscence. I finally talked my girlfriend and another buddy to take it this summer

Old 04-29-2007, 08:19 PM
Mad

I agree that the MSF BRC is a good start. I recommend the ERC as well. It helped me re-emphasize riding skills and brought to light my bad habits that I had picked up in only eight months. Funny how lazy you can get when you start hitting a comfort zone.

Ride safe and have fun!

Old 04-29-2007, 08:31 PM
IDL

Is there an equivalent course in Canada? I don't think we have MSF, probably called something else.

What kinds of things do you pick up if you've already been riding for a year?

Old 04-29-2007, 08:40 PM
Mad

I did a google search and believe the course in Canada is called "Gearing up". Click HERE. I am not sure if they have different levels or if it is nationwide.

When I took the MSF ERC course we went over everything that the Basic Rider Course covered but just "amped" it up a bit. We practiced everything at faster speeds and covered more techniques.

Old 04-29-2007, 09:22 PM

Funny thing was that I volunteered to use the 5OOcc Buell Blast...made certain manuevers tough to perform but still passed. Thank god my f4i gave me a good introduction. I'm already thinking about taking the ERC (experienced rider course).

Old 04-30-2007, 04:32 AM

I've been riding for 6 months on a banged up 500 ninja and i am still learning new things all the time (some things i learned the hard way). But i've decided to take the course before i get my f4i so i don't kill myself on it.

Old 04-30-2007, 05:46 AM

i still need to take the course just because i didnt take it before i got my bike and i wanna know if i developed any bad habits and also just to learn everything i can

Old 04-30-2007, 06:05 AM

So how do you know if there is a class offered in your area.... I have never heard of MSF before I got onto these forums...

Also none of my other bike buddies had any clue either....