F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Mounting my GoPro (question)

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 06:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sjona2011
when you put that thing in the clip, it make it a pain to get it onto the mount, and a huge pita when trying to get it off.
You're supposed to put it on AFTER you clip your camera onto the mount and take it off BEFORE you release it. Just a heads up.

Old 11-30-2012, 07:48 PM

I have never had an issue with the suction cup mount, and have done 150+. Mounted it on the side of my bike facing the rear.

gopro hero hd2 - YouTube

Old 11-30-2012, 11:48 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mounted on my frame slider

My sliders are flat so the 3m mount works fine. Only problem is it's right next to the engine causing all sorts of fun (noisy and possible heat distortion under high revs). I've heard of others doing the same but using the rollbar mount on the slider

Old 12-03-2012, 11:10 PM

Cell pic but does the job. I added a mount to the side of the bike. I also have one on the front and rear of the bike. A suction cup can be used for the speedo area if I want but I have most angles covered already. This is the only pic I have of Go-pro right now.

Last edited by upgradedcbr; 12-04-2012 at 07:54 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by upgradedcbr
Cell pic but does the join. I added a mount to the side of the bike. I also have one on the front and rear of the bike. Suction cup can be used for speed area if i wanted but I have mot angles covered already. This is the only pic I have of Go-pro right now.

Nice. Is that throttle control you got there? What is that thing? I have mounted the GoPro helmet strap that came with my camcorder across the windshield. It sits tight. Pics up soon.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by mbison83
Nice. Is that throttle control you got there? What is that thing? I have mounted the GoPro helmet strap that came with my camcorder across the windshield. It sits tight. Pics up soon.
Yes, it's a throttle stop. The thing (if you speaking of the plug, or not) is for powering up things for when I ride long trips.

Straps tend to scratch the paint so I didn't want to use that.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:46 PM

Here you go. Let me know what you think.

Attached Thumbnails Mounting my GoPro (question)-img_20121204_171916.jpg   Mounting my GoPro (question)-img_20121204_171949.jpg  
Old 12-04-2012, 07:47 PM

Yes, it's a throttle stop. The thing (if you speaking of the plug, or not) is for powering up things for when I ride long trips.

Straps tend to scratch the paint so I didn't want to use that.

Oh I was talking about the throttle stop. What brand is it and where did you get it at? I'm using silicon o-rings right now, but this looks neat.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by mbison83
Oh I was talking about the throttle stop. What brand is it and where did you get it at? I'm using silicon o-rings right now, but this looks neat.
I don't remember the brand but I paid 20 bucks for it. I bought one for my brothers FZ8 too.

I dislike the strap personally. Looks too busy. (my opinion) I have a mount just under the windshield dead center and has never come off either. These 3M pads rock! The side of bike mount has seen above average cruising too.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:06 PM

I don't remember the brand but I paid 20 bucks for it. I bought one for my brothers FZ8 too.

I dislike the strap personally. Looks too busy. (my opinion) I have a mount just under the windshield dead center and has never come off either. These 3M pads rock! The side of bike mount has seen above average cruising too.
Yea, I am feeling kind of iffy about the strap too, but that way I am 100% sure that my gopro is strapped and will not go flying. The 3Ms are cool. Installed one on my helmet but am still looking for a way to secure it (just in case), because it's better to be safe than sorry. Any suggestions?

Quick Reply: Mounting my GoPro (question)