How much did you have to pay for that?

Old 09-20-2007, 10:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: moto gp javier special

i freakin love that it looks so clean and i bet its loud as hell lol

Old 09-21-2007, 01:43 AM

listen man... that thing looks too close to your swing arm. you could probably put a few washers in the mounting bracket and rotate it out away from the swing arm a little just in case. i have a similar pipe on mine. i took a 9" long 2.1/8" turndown pipe from a local auto store and mounted it on the fitting where the mid pipe attaches with a strip of exhaust wrap as a gasket. I hammered a 2" to 1/6" adapter in backwords with the forward edges grinded sharp to act as a venturi to keep the exhaust velocity up so i don't burn the valves up and still have little to no back pressure to get power gain. it sounds sick as hell under load. how does your setup sound in neutral throttle after 4.5k. mine burbles from there up and i'm trying to figure out a way to get rid of that. i don't have a power commander and i haven't had it on a dyno yet either it's just a prototype.

i'm not a bike mechanic, but i'm ASE certified as an auto mechanic. blue smoke pretty much means oil in the comubstion chamber... if it's backfiring blue smoke under load like when you shift you probably have bad valve guides. if it's backfiring when you rev it off of idle it could be you need to have your clearance adjusted.

Old 01-27-2008, 09:16 PM

Any sound clips? Javier, do you have a website?

Old 01-28-2008, 01:36 PM

lol damn thread back from the dead

it really doesnt bother me, its not to close and it doesnt rub my swingarm at all, i just have exhasut burn on it but i dont care bout that cuz i also have it on my car. it sounds really good at idle and its pretty quiet until u go wot than she opens up and sounds friggin great. i have nothign wrong with my bike, only reason it backfired is when i was running 100+ octane which is only track days. never backfires when i have regular 93 in it.

whtan20 do a search for this exhasut and youll find someone that has the sound clip, if not ill try to get one today since ima be doing some work on it

Old 01-28-2008, 03:00 PM

thanks devlz, ya ive been trying to find a soundclip and better pics but came up with the same 3 pics in every thread lol, and hence why i necromanced this thread. Compared to two brothers, bootleg, and yoshi, how many much louder is javier's one? And if you could get a soundclip id appreciate it, thanks man.

Old 01-28-2008, 03:44 PM

chk out the first post and click on that he has a sound clip. i havent heard bootleg's yet but i heard it sounds really nice and the quality is up there 2. honestly i would choose btwn javiers or bootlegs. im all about using exhasut and other stuff from people on here that make them im not about goign mainstream plus i wanted to have somethign that not alot of other people have. its very tolerable and i havent been pulled over by cops so i know its not loud unless i get on it plus javiers is really good for track riding cuz she doesnt scrape

Old 05-16-2011, 10:01 PM

so I've been searching for a new exhaust and came across this, it is what I am looking for. Does anyone know how to get ahold of him anymore? or have one they would like to sell? I tried pm'ing him with no luck

Old 05-16-2011, 10:57 PM

Isn't it the same as the eBay one? Looks like it to me...

Old 05-16-2011, 11:45 PM

no not at all the ebay one is just a Wal-Mart angle-cut exhaust tip for a car with the 1 screw that pushes against your header to keep it on. It's just got a crappy universal "baffle" shoved inside, and there's absolutely NO BACK PRESSURE

Quick Reply: moto gp javier special