F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

mirror blanking

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 08:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question mirror blanking

Hi, I was wondering if many people blank off their mirrors? My mirrors are pretty useless, I prefer looking physically...
What are the pros and cons mirrors vs no mirrors?
Thanks and clear roads to all...

Old 04-03-2013, 09:01 AM
June 2013 ROTM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your mirrors aren't doing anything, than you need new mirrors. The only pro is maybe you lose a bit a wind resistance... which only matters if you are tracking. Cons: Can't see behind you, cops will nail you for it, just plain dangerous imo. Personally, when I see a bike with no mirrors that clearly isn't a track bike, I think squid.

If all you see is elbows, get a set of bar end mirrors.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CorruptFile
If your mirrors aren't doing anything, than you need new mirrors. The only pro is maybe you lose a bit a wind resistance... which only matters if you are tracking. Cons: Can't see behind you, cops will nail you for it, just plain dangerous imo. Personally, when I see a bike with no mirrors that clearly isn't a track bike, I think squid.

If all you see is elbows, get a set of bar end mirrors.
WHS! Mirrors are a serious safety device, the .5 second of time and attention they save you could be the difference between crash or not. There are to many different styles and types available not to have them. Spend some time looking, you'll find something that you like and also works.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:28 AM
July 2008 ROTM

+1, don't be a squid, keep your mirrors. There's a lot of ways they can be aligned, find something that works for you. And it's not uncommon to have to bend your elbow a little to see past it in some situations.

Old 04-03-2013, 12:14 PM

It's illegal to roll w/o mirrors. at least for the sake of not getting pulled over, keep the mirrors

Old 04-03-2013, 03:09 PM

Its illegal here to have no mirrors, but its legal to have just one. either left or right.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:49 PM
Old 04-04-2013, 08:54 PM

Thanks for the comments... I have listened and decided they should stay! I like mirrors and i agree they save lives etc etc...
Its just that I find them difficult at best to see anything out of except my arms lol
I do lile that extender that goes in between bike and mirrors... that may be the way to go I think...
ECheers guys... clear roads...

Edit... I think I'm going to couple the extenders with a small round blind spot mirror on each mirror... photos to follow when upload is working.

I saw a bike with a tall 'chips' style s teen today and he had a stick on rear view mirror front and centre on his screen... looked like it really worked! Don't think the screen would look right on a CBR though ha ha

Last edited by sharkbaitjoncbr; 04-04-2013 at 09:10 PM.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by sharkbaitjoncbr
Thanks for the comments... I have listened and decided they should stay! I like mirrors and i agree they save lives etc etc...
Its just that I find them difficult at best to see anything out of except my arms lol
I do lile that extender that goes in between bike and mirrors... that may be the way to go I think...
ECheers guys... clear roads...

Edit... I think I'm going to couple the extenders with a small round blind spot mirror on each mirror... photos to follow when upload is working.

I saw a bike with a tall 'chips' style s teen today and he had a stick on rear view mirror front and centre on his screen... looked like it really worked! Don't think the screen would look right on a CBR though ha ha
It won't hold if you coupled it.

Just get other honda models' mirror that's longer than F4i. I saw in 250R forum somewhere that the 250R and F4i mirrors are compatible (might need a bit drilling tho, i'm not sure) I think 2012 CBR250R mirror is a bit longer that F4i.

Old 04-05-2013, 03:23 AM

What I mean is to add a little stick on mirror disk to help me to see... surely those wont make a bolted extender/mirror combo break?
I will look into longer too before I make my choice...
BikeMaster O.E.M. Replacement Mirrors Honda CBR600F4/F4i 99-06 from SportbikeTrackGear.com
You can see how short the oem mirrors are...
Thanks...

Quick Reply: mirror blanking