F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

minus one fender eliminator (m-1)

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 01:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default minus one fender eliminator (m-1)

i was checking out some fender eliminators and stumbled upon a company called m-1 and was wondering if anyone has had experience with this fender eliminator or if anyone owns it and has it on their bike. if so do you happen to have pics of it on your bike??

click here for link

thanx!!!

Old 02-11-2008, 08:38 AM
Default RE: minus one fender eliminator (m-1)

ORIGINAL: oodayvidoo

i was checking out some fender eliminators and stumbled upon a company called m-1 and was wondering if anyone has had experience with this fender eliminator or if anyone owns it and has it on their bike. if so do you happen to have pics of it on your bike??

click here for link

thanx!!!
you are going to spend 60 bucks on sheet metal and screws that would cost you about 15 bucks in parts to fabricate yourself at Home Depot???..........just my opinion.........id spend 50 bucks more and get something thats fiberglass or plastic.......

Old 02-11-2008, 12:25 PM

I've got that eliminator on my '01 F4i. Overall i would say that i'm pretty pleased with it. I've had it for over and year, and haven't had any problems with it. It was a relatively easy install, and i think it's a little more than just $15 worth of parts from Home Depot, with all the curves, bends, holes, hardware etc.to go with it. When i bought mine though, they were right at 100 bucks, so that's not a bad deal. I only have 1 pic of it, and it doesn't show it that well. Sorry it's the best i have. Other than that, I'd recommend it if you were trying to avoid going with the whole plastic undertail that removes the stock tailight, which i was.

[IMG]local://upfiles/5240/AF7FF1B04F504579907CD6F0F7C592EB.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-11-2008, 12:46 PM

looks like pretty decent stuff and its black unlike the other CW FE that you have to paint. i would say 60 is pretty good unless your good with metal which then i would suggest the good ol HOME DEPOT.

Old 02-11-2008, 12:51 PM

Making one is cheaper but it takes some skill to get it to look as polished. Those fender eliminators are a rip off for what you get.

Old 02-11-2008, 01:17 PM

ORIGINAL: some guy #2

Making one is cheaper but it takes some skill to get it to look as polished. Those fender eliminators are a rip off for what you get.
how about making a good DIY write-up on how to make one? i would rather do that if anything if it saves me money... thing is that i suck at metalwork. hence that's why ppl buy this stuff

Old 02-11-2008, 01:21 PM

ORIGINAL: some guy #2

how about making a good DIY write-up on how to make one? i would rather do that if anything if it saves me money... thing is that i suck at metalwork. hence that's why ppl buy this stuff
well oodayvidoo, you have inspired me.......i just ordered parts, they should be here this week and get the write up started, so.....give me a week and i will have a nice secsy write up for you......

Old 02-11-2008, 01:31 PM

http://cbrworld.net/forums/thread/109887.aspx

Only one that I've found. The links in the article don't work but I was able to make something work.

Old 02-11-2008, 01:40 PM

ORIGINAL: travsstuff

well oodayvidoo, you have inspired me.......i just ordered parts, they should be here this week and get the write up started, so.....give me a week and i will have a nice secsy write up for you......
also could you include what tools to use? and the exact hardware/parts you used? thanx man!!! keep us posted

Old 02-11-2008, 01:48 PM

ORIGINAL: travsstuff

also could you include what tools to use? and the exact hardware/parts you used? thanx man!!! keep us posted

definatley, ill keep totals for parts and everything as well and try to make it a really detailed write up........

its 16 degrees right now here in kc, so my garage is kinda cold, its supposed to warm up wednesday and then again for the weekend and then ill get started

Quick Reply: minus one fender eliminator (m-1)