F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Michelin Pilot Power?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 05:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Michelin Pilot Power?

ORIGINAL: The_f4i_guy

best tire ever, sticky as all hell and doesnt wear all that fast, ive got about 9800 miles on my rear, i should be able to break 10000, but thats pushin it. It is pretty bald as it is, but still going none the less.
thats awesome to hear thats what i was most worried about these tires that they would be so soft for racing and would wear very quick glad to hear otherwise

Old 04-06-2006, 05:21 PM

ORIGINAL: plasteredbassist

best tire ever, sticky as all hell and doesnt wear all that fast, ive got about 9800 miles on my rear, i should be able to break 10000, but thats pushin it. It is pretty bald as it is, but still going none the less.
thats awesome to hear thats what i was most worried about these tires that they would be so soft for racing and would wear very quick glad to hear otherwise
Just to be clear...are you referring to the Pilot Powers or the Pilot Sports?

Old 04-06-2006, 05:43 PM

ORIGINAL: woogie

ORIGINAL: plasteredbassist

Just to be clear...are you referring to the Pilot Powers or the Pilot Sports?
i was assuming pilot powers as thats what my original post was about but i could be wrong

Old 04-06-2006, 05:53 PM

Sorry, I added to the confusion by quoting the wrong post! [:@]

Old 04-06-2006, 07:21 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You will add about 3000 miles to a rear tire just by avoiding burnouts. They're like drugs -- once you start it's hard to stop

Old 04-07-2006, 02:25 AM

there are pilot power's and pilot sports. pilot powers are the newer ones. I researched a lot since i also got my bike used and i needed new tires. I think i found mine for like $190 for both front and rear. But had to pay like $120 for install. I haven't really needed to use my tires as i'm still a beginner and don't turn agressively yet. But it poured on the day i brought my bike in for a tire change. Rode them home WITH the lil film/wax that was still on them in the rain with only 1 week of experience with the wind blowing me around. I believe that there are like 3 different kinds of pilot powers. Hard, medium, and soft. I think i chose the medium one. But def good tires, and since they're more important than a car, i don't think i'd go with anything else buy pilot power's from now on. Plus michelin makes the best stuff IMO...-= )

Old 04-07-2006, 04:34 AM

lean angle = good

the stock tires suck in the rain... i got caught in pouring rain recently and i was scared to go past 40 mph

Old 04-07-2006, 12:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice and smooth and stop using tires to mask inadequacies in your riding meng!

Old 04-07-2006, 06:46 PM

I currently have Pilot Roads on my bike. They are a little slippery when they are cold but when they get warm they do very well. I got caught in an UNBELIEVABLE downpour on the way home from work and 70 on the interstate was just as stable as when the road was dry. I would DEFINATEY look at the Pilot Powers if you are going to ride hard but if you are going long distance or just mainly highway miles like me (suburban Atlanta) the pilot roads are great.

T

Old 04-07-2006, 06:50 PM

i have the pilot sports, seem to be the best all around tires out there, so i read from magazines and such.

Quick Reply: Michelin Pilot Power?