F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Michelin Pilot Power?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 01:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Michelin Pilot Power?

time for new tires and just had a couple questions. my buddy works at a local shop and can get me a set of michelin pilot powers for 250 and then 60 to install and balance them which from looking around isnt a bad deal. does anyone have any experience with these though? i bought the bike used so this will be the first set of new tires ive ridden. i dont do very much aggressive riding only once in a while when we get on the right back roads im more concerned about wear life and dry traction, i make sure not to ride when raining...so any thoughts or experience would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Old 04-06-2006, 02:46 PM
Default RE: Michelin Pilot Power?

The Pilot Powers are great tires, however from the sounds of it, you may be better off getting the Pilot Roads. They would be better suited for the type of riding that you appear to do. Here is a link with more info: http://two-wheels.michelin.com/2w/fr...103844&lang=EN

Good luck!!

Old 04-06-2006, 02:55 PM

i did see those and i think your right about my riding style the only prob is i can only get a special deal on these as they have too many and have to move them out ill see what the price diff is but if its gonna be about the same or more money for the roads which would be your recomnedation?

Old 04-06-2006, 03:09 PM

well, i'm not too sure on how "special" of a deal they are... I can purchase them online at www.lithiummotorsports.com for $108 for the rear and $88 for the front. I would ask your buddy how much they would charge you to just put them on the rim for you. One thing to remember is that they will charge you a higher rate if you bring in the whole bike rather than just the rims.

On a side note, most local dealers have a 90-100% markup on tires, so your buddy is probably right when he says that they are a good deal. Personally, I just choose to purchase on-line and then have them installed on the rim for me. Just saves me some cha-ching for other things!

My recommendation for you would be either the Roads or the Sports.

Old 04-06-2006, 03:28 PM
Registered Users

I'm biased...I love my Pilot Powers

SCS Thread

Michellin Pilot Power

Got a new set of Michelins about two weeks ago, never used those types before but heard good things about 'em. Got a chance to test them out when I was hurrying to catch a light and did an unintentional knee drag around the corner (LaBrea & Rodeo Road). I thought for sure I was going to wipe out, and worse yet, have it captured on the traffic camera, BUT......just laid the bike into a sharp left and my knee touched cement. Scared myself and got a few cager horn honks when I pulled out of it. Had to pull over and check my underwear, but otherwise, I'm now a poster girl for Michelin's stickiness

Love them tires!!!!!!

Got a great deal from Parts411 on both tires.

Old 04-06-2006, 03:28 PM

good times thanx for the info!

Old 04-06-2006, 03:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try the diablo stradas...long life, much more stick than anything any other tire in its class...

Old 04-06-2006, 04:34 PM

HAHA i got mine for $190.00 front and rear installed... :-D

And those pilot powers are the best... When i got my bike i was always scared of lean angles, but once i got rid of those trash stock tires that came on it iv been alot more confident in my riding... Go for it no matter what you end up paying those tires stick!!!!

Another good tire is the new dunlop qualifier (F.Y.I)

Old 04-06-2006, 04:39 PM

ORIGINAL: RCKT GRL

The Pilot Powers are great tires, however from the sounds of it, you may be better off getting the Pilot Roads. They would be better suited for the type of riding that you appear to do. Here is a link with more info: http://two-wheels.michelin.com/2w/fr...103844&lang=EN

Good luck!!
I'm trying to learn about this myself. I followed your link, and did some reading..... What's the deal on Pilot Sports? That sounds like the tire for people with sport bikes that aren't hardcore track-types.

Old 04-06-2006, 05:10 PM

best tire ever, sticky as all hell and doesnt wear all that fast, ive got about 9800 miles on my rear, i should be able to break 10000, but thats pushin it. It is pretty bald as it is, but still going none the less.

Quick Reply: Michelin Pilot Power?