F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Metzler Tires rate YAY? or NAY?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 10:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Metzler Tires rate YAY? or NAY?

What do you guys think about metzler tires for street and track performance? Quality? A good deal? Just as good as michelin pireli bridgestone?
________
White Widow Seeds

Last edited by F4iMane; 09-09-2011 at 05:53 AM.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:03 PM
Default RE: Metzler Tires rate YAY? or NAY?

Never used them, get them and let us know how they are. I ride with Michellin 2CT's.
Here is where I got mine.

http://www.ridenow.com/results/b2c-s...ampaign=flyout

Old 12-05-2008, 12:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say WOO HOO!
M3's... awesome sticky tires... just let them warm up (which is pretty soon too!) Did my first track days with them. I've scraped pegs and not felt them wiggle (granted I was not hanging off enough). Of course if you scrape pegs and still try to lean the bike further, the tires cant help you then[sm=headbang.gif]
Gave me about 10kmi, PPs might give more but I love the grip of the M3s. I'd have got myself 'nother set of M3's had a local racer not sold me a race take off set for cheap.

Old 12-05-2008, 12:23 PM

i just put a pair of m-3 sportecs on my rr cause i wanted to try em. i read thread after thread after thread bout em. so i decided to test em myself. i've always ran 2ct's. the metzler front tire seems to have a more narrow profile the michelin. the only way to know is try em out yourself.

Old 12-05-2008, 03:57 PM

ORIGINAL: ampfp

I would say WOO HOO!
M3's... awesome sticky tires... just let them warm up (which is pretty soon too!) Did my first track days with them. I've scraped pegs and not felt them wiggle (granted I was not hanging off enough). Of course if you scrape pegs and still try to lean the bike further, the tires cant help you then[sm=headbang.gif]
Gave me about 10kmi, PPs might give more but I love the grip of the M3s. I'd have got myself 'nother set of M3's had a local racer not sold me a race take off set for cheap.

Bro you got 10,000 miles out of these tires?? WOW!
________
Iolite Review

Last edited by F4iMane; 09-09-2011 at 05:53 AM.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:15 PM

I run the m3's and I live in Texas where its hot, they get soft really fast and never had problems with them. Its a good tire!!
01 f4i

Old 12-07-2008, 09:25 PM

Never tried them but would like to know how they are. Me=College student=no funds=shinko tires =) works fine in the city.

Old 12-08-2008, 11:22 AM

People I heard from who have them like em, I'd get em but I seem to be stuck on Pirelli's

Old 12-08-2008, 12:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they are great tires...

most riders aren't as good as the typical street tire but use grippier tires to mask their riding inadequacies in things such as bad throttle control, picking bad lines, bad braking/cornering, etc.

with this said...i prefer pirellis as the tire is neutral and pretty much only does what i say. i don't need tires that fall into turns fast like michellins, dunlops and 2 cts. i don't need tires that need MORE input to steer like bridgestones...i like them just neutral...hence pirellis.

but note that changes in suspension, geometry, etc. can throw all of the above out the door.

Old 12-08-2008, 02:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

they are great tires...

most riders aren't as good as the typical street tire but use grippier tires to mask their riding inadequacies in things such as bad throttle control, picking bad lines, bad braking/cornering, etc.

with this said...i prefer pirellis as the tire is neutral and pretty much only does what i say. i don't need tires that fall into turns fast like michellins, dunlops and 2 cts. i don't need tires that need MORE input to steer like bridgestones...i like them just neutral...hence pirellis.

but note that changes in suspension, geometry, etc. can throw all of the above out the door.
+1 I'm on my second set of Pirelli Diablo Stradas. They are awesome tires with awesome grip and warm up faster than most other tires. I also managed to get 6,000 miles out of one set.

Quick Reply: Metzler Tires rate YAY? or NAY?