CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Master vs Rivet (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/master-vs-rivet-101471/)

yog182 09-28-2009 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by 2H company (Post 842275)
I'm curious about speedo though. Is it complicated to set up? Determination of the percentage?

It is one plug coming from the tranny. You plug in with the harness and do the calibration. Speedohealer V4 has a website that you put in your sprocket sizes and tire sizes and it does the calculation for you and directions to set it.. Took me less then an half hour.. And that was me trying to get my fat hands down to the plug!

skoobydoobie 09-29-2009 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by 2H company (Post 842066)
with my stock CCT the whole thing sound horrible. I'd prolly take her to a local shop to do the swap.

NO NO NO. DIY. Dont pay 180 bucks to swap a $50 part. Its a fairly simple swap, the only issue is getting the bottom bolt out, but with the short side cut off of an allen wrench and a socket its a piece of cake.
Oh and BTW, Ive been ridin with the clip on master link for two years now, without issue....(sh*t, I just burned my bread)

2H company 09-29-2009 02:29 PM

What makes me really worried is the proper positioning of the bolt. I've heard\read the consequences of improper setup. Not having a bike isn't an option for me, so I want to get everything right.

I'd really be happy to get to the cam chain and set everything right, but I don't have a garage and I have to finish whatever I start in one day, which isn't always possible.

boredandstroked 09-29-2009 03:57 PM

I had a clip link 525 on my bike once. The chain snapped in half after 1500 miles but the clip link held tight.

2H company 09-30-2009 02:09 AM

OMG :icon_eek:

Why the chain snapped in half then?

There is that question about the slack is still up in the air... can someone clarify that for me? I'm thinking it should be 15mm )))

chainstretcher 09-30-2009 06:23 AM

Run the slack that Honda recommends.

Originally Posted by 2H company (Post 842915)
OMG :icon_eek:

Why the chain snapped in half then?

There is that question about the slack is still up in the air... can someone clarify that for me? I'm thinking it should be 15mm )))

yog182 09-30-2009 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by 2H company (Post 842692)
What makes me really worried is the proper positioning of the bolt. I've heard\read the consequences of improper setup. Not having a bike isn't an option for me, so I want to get everything right.

I'd really be happy to get to the cam chain and set everything right, but I don't have a garage and I have to finish whatever I start in one day, which isn't always possible.

If you get the OEM CCTL all you need to do is make sure it goes back in and both bolts are snug. After that you pull the tab that comes with it and put the old bolt back and and wala you are done.. I have done 2 and had no problems what so ever!!

G3NESYS 09-30-2009 03:07 PM

i have a question... maybe kinda dumb, but i did this swap over the winter.
well i already had -1/+2 520, but i needed a new chain so i just did the chain and sprockets together, and went up to 525, because i wanted the bigger, stronger chain... i figured it would stretch less.

anyway... is the rivet link the one where you have to take a hole punch or something and "spread" out the ends, or is the considered the clip link.

i thought it was the rivet link, but someone i ride with said that it was the clip link.

sry, not tryin to thread jack

boredandstroked 09-30-2009 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by G3NESYS (Post 843063)
i have a question... maybe kinda dumb, but i did this swap over the winter.
well i already had -1/+2 520, but i needed a new chain so i just did the chain and sprockets together, and went up to 525, because i wanted the bigger, stronger chain... i figured it would stretch less.

anyway... is the rivet link the one where you have to take a hole punch or something and "spread" out the ends, or is the considered the clip link.

i thought it was the rivet link, but someone i ride with said that it was the clip link.

sry, not tryin to thread jack

Im highly confused by your question. A rivit is a rivit and a clip is a clip, no way to confuse them for each other.

My chain snapped because it couldn't handle the F4i power. One of the rollers just went when I shifted from 2nd to 3rd at full throttle. No idea why.

randyjoy 09-30-2009 09:59 PM

Had clip fail years ago and throw the chain off cracking the case. Never again - rivet only, even on the race bike. I carry the necessary tools to replace it at the track.