F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Map

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 05:36 PM
gr8
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Map

Sup every body!! I just got an 01 F4i im fixing it up. It wasnt runing when i got it but it is now. OK well geting runing was the easy part well it wasnt tht easy dam diode in the key was fryd but thats another story. I need some help the Air box and all sensors that are on it did not come with the bike. I got another air box but no Map sensor. I would like to know if any CBR MAP will work I mean all it reads is how much air is coming in right? Ive seen a lot of CBR 600RR MAP's for sale. ANY HELP will be sweet.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:01 PM
Default RE: Map

1st of all, welcome to CBRForum!

2nd of all, is the FI light flashing? If the Map sensor is bad, It should flash twice for a code 2 error message. Code 2 = loose or poor connection of the map sensor vacuum hose or faulty map sensor.

Old 02-27-2008, 10:37 PM
gr8
Default RE: Map

I didnt even look at the Flashs. I mean i dont think there is a reason to because i dont have any MAP on there. When i got the bike it didnt run and it had no Air Box. I got an Air box now but i didnt get a MAP with it that is why i wanna know which MAPs will work i seen a lot of 600RR ones will thoes work they are cheap to like 29 bukz. I got the bike runing Its my first bike ever i dont even have a permit to ride it yet.